The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » ACAN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
fergie33
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of fergie33
http://www.fasttricks.com/magic_trick_21......mber.php

any reviews for this this looks unbelievable.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
That ain't ACAAN

Its Ran*** F**** St**** D*** Fin*** F**** CN Smile

But hey, for $18 - those who don't know what the heck I'm babbling about - go get it - looks like a nice blend of various techniques for a simulated ACAAN.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
yarky
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of yarky
I have just bought this and I think its great.
It says no memory work but there is a fraction of memory work but that's really easy stuff. If you can remember your zip code you can do it. Well done!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
They have another effect that looks ok

http://www.fasttricks.com/magic_trick_22......llan.php
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Looks pretty *** good to me. Obviously with the fingers bit, it's not a true ACAAN but still impressive. The problem with videos for ACAAN is you're often shown the better cleanest outcomes. I assume that's the case here.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Both effects look great to me
Don
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS MISREPRESENTED TRASH!

I wasted $18 on this extremely dirty ACAN because I thought there was no possible way the creator would stoop so low as to create this deceptive of demo video. I figured he might have the spectator 'choose' an ideal number in the deck to count down to (which he did) but I didn't think he possibly would have shown what turns out to be a magician's choice sequence. And the way he so fairly and openly words the questions in the demo doesn't even appropriately set you up for equivoque. That's flat out deception. I'll tell you right now, he has to narrow it down to one card. Sorry if this feels like exposure to some of you, but this charlatan has to be called out. It's simply an unfair demo where 'perfect' conditions, which rarely occur, are shown. By the way, the outs he suggests if the spectator happens to say the undesirable answer are abominable. They don't even make any sense.

So magicman, yes, the effect does look great on the video. Unfortunately it will rarely if ever play out like that. This is misrepresented trash. The creator should be ashamed. I'm ashmed to have wasted 18 hard earned dollars. If you're interested in this type of plot buy GRAIL.

0 out of 10
afuoco
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
208 Posts

Profile of afuoco
Thanks Platt--you have saved a lot of people $18.

I keep forgetting that old line about "If it looks too good, it probably isn't."
Arnie
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
Thanks Platt, It looked to good to be true. Sorry you had to take the bullet
on this one.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I think we all should send Platt one dollar to cover his $18.00 loss...

Agreed?
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Sadly, I was just about to post the same thing Smile Platt is 100% correct about this effect. When you receive the effect, he shows another live performance in the beginning in which he uses the "outs" with a woman. The second I heard him say the first out, I thought, what the hell is he talking about...? A spectator would have to be brain dead if you used them. No holy grail here, just holy crap.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Demo's for effects using equivoce almost ALWAYS show the perfect situation. I can think of at least three others where I wondered how that trick would have looked had she responded with red, for example, to the initial vague question. Whenever I hear, "Imagine a deck of cards..." or something similar, I usually just pass it by.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2008-06-28 12:06, lunatik wrote:
They have another effect that looks ok

http://www.fasttricks.com/magic_trick_22......llan.php

this one looks more of a winner than the other, but ya never know...
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
This is the one I really like lunatik, but now after the review on the other one I'm very skeptical

Anyone have this one about the 3 card monty effect?
Don
yarky
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of yarky
The problem with everyone's comments is that they have not preformed the trick. I did close up last night and at the end of the night, I did WTF to the organizer at her table and it landed me another gig. The best $18 I have spent as it got me another $1000.
Yes it is not a true ACAAN but to an audience it is the real deal (and they were not brain dead!) This is a great trick if you are a WORKING magician!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2008-06-29 07:25, yarky wrote:
The problem with everyone's comments is that they have not preformed the trick. I did close up last night and at the end of the night, I did WTF to the organizer at her table and it landed me another gig. The best $18 I have spent as it got me another $1000.
Yes it is not a true ACAAN but to an audience it is the real deal (and they were not brain dead!) This is a great trick if you are a WORKING magician!

No that's not exactly the problem, Yarky. I have no doubt you received a decent reaction from the effect. I also have no doubt peforming Invisible Deck ($8) or a vanish with a thumbtip ($3) or absolutely any other version of ACAAN we as magicians are familiar with ($0) would have given you an equal reaction. That is not the point. A strong premise is a strong premise. The point is this: If you release a new version of an age old premise, you have some responsibilities. One of those is fairly demonstrating the advantages between your method and the long list of others. There are many versions of ACAAN where the spectator can freely call out any card and any number. If you look at this person's description and video, you're unfairly led to believe (with the modification of a finger type force) the same is true here, with the added bonus of not having to touch the pack.

When you cough up the $18 it's revealed that the demo was in fact a perfect scenario where no equivoque had to be used. Odds of that: 1 in 24. You tell me. Is that a fair representation? What happened to those other 23 videos? If he were to give some brilliant thoughts on magician's choice, I'd throw him a bone. But he doesn't. In fact his language when the undesirable answers are given makes no sense.

Again, can you get a decent reaction from this? I'm sure. Is it any fairer or cleaner than any other ACAANs out there?
Absolutely not. I've seen a lot of versions and this is the worst I've seen to date. But I digress , the real issue at hand here is the disgustingly deceptive video. Don't be a victim.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
The problem with everyone's comments is that they have not preformed the trick.

The problem with your comments is that you presume a magician HAS to work with this trick in order to understand all its shortcomings.

It's an ACAAN, not some revolutionary new method for some brilliant new, "never-been-seen-before" card effect.

Experienced magi don't NEED TO BUY and DON'T NEED TO PERFORM something in order to see clearly that it's being deceptively marketed, and uses a method that, although it may work, is hardly elegant and not even close to the quality of many, MANY other ACAAN's out there.

BTW, welcome to the Café!
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:

The problem with someone who shows up and makes his first posts in praise of a crappy marketed trick (which might have been worth 2 pages in a book, or perhaps one trick on a multi-trick DVD) which is deceptively advertised is that they look like either a shill or someone with a stake in the success of the trick. Or both.

Are you the guy doing the trick in the video?
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
The best magicians still the ones who are trying to sell us their tricks, I sometimes think.

Frans
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
IF you ever perform this, just look the faces the people who you did it!
I like very much this one and it's a real killer. Start clean end clean. Very clever the method and the thoughts on this one. Just relax and do it Smile

I have tried a couple of times and people just can't believe on it! my 2 cents.

I would like to congratulate the guy that came up with this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » ACAN (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL