The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Triple Mind Read (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Thanks fellas and glad that it worked for you Alex...I like the idea of a quick revelation to draw in the crowd...I find the book is really good for that as well...have a nice James Bond party next week and I am looking forward to more of this...

brass ones Iain? surely they are gold...
luxor07
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of luxor07
Dr. Todd, thanks for yours ideas. It sparked some thoughts and I tried a similar idea of creating multiple moments. The reactions were great! Thanks again.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Maybe I'm missing the point, but what do guessing a word, guessing a number and guessing a card have to do with mindreading?

I have a specific reason for asking this, actually.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-06-29 12:21, DrTodd wrote:
Thanks. I have also been using Riggs' Beautiful Butterfly instead of the stealth assassin,but I like leaving the business card with the three revelations on the table as I walk away,.

I have the Butterfly on order. John is so backed up. I cannot wait to get my hands on this Gem. I don't know how I missed this for so long.

I love the Stealh as well. I like having the SUC and going back into the wallet (feature) as well. Never ever have I received any comments about breaking out another business card. I ask first if anyone has a "red" business card. Of course they do not, and I then open SAW back up and retrieve a blank card so they can "visualize" the person or image on the white surface.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2008-07-15 22:40, Bill Palmer wrote:
Maybe I'm missing the point, but what do guessing a word, guessing a number and guessing a card have to do with mindreading?

I have a specific reason for asking this, actually.

thanks bill...the usual context that is set refers to the massive information that is contained at any one moment in someone's mind and that you are using a word,a number, and a card as items upon which your participant focuses...the odds ratios are used to show that you are achieving something that has a low probability of success if you were just guessing....It is a bit like a tossed out deck routine but with three different items with different odds....moreover, you can have each participant concentrate on the item and do an empathy routine with the card, a movie screen visulisation for the word, and a combination lock visualisation for the number...

The confabulation is nice as an alternative, where the items are related, but I like this as a quick fire routine a la Graham Jolley....
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That makes some sense.

I've always felt that Confabulation was essentially a parlor/stage routine anyway. It's too strong to waste on a table, when you can do something like what you are describing and with effective showmanship and presentation create the impression of reading someone's thoughts.

I think most interpretations of book tests fall short in this manner. Too many of the performers think that saying "the word you are thinking of is 'the'" constitutes mindreading.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I agree completely..that is why my own book test is a full page reveal that delivers a little thought piece on the nature of human existence and uncanny coincidences....
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Next time I am over in your part of the world, I'll buy you a pinta. We can discuss mentalism, etc.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

human
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of human
How about using one ahead combine with f---ing a card ? I would take out my bussiness card, write down a prediciton then put it in their pocket. Then go another one. And another one. After everything I just take them out, mix them a bit like I'm toying with them and reveal. No need for a wallet also.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's very clever. It's kind of like the guy who said, "If we put a round disc on each end of a rod, we will have a pair of object movers. I think I'll call them 'round things on each end of a rod.' "

And his friend says, "Nice job, Will. -- Why don't you call them 'Will's'?"

Seriously, there are several people who use this as a "no blackboard mental epic."
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2008-07-17 19:27, Bill Palmer wrote:
Next time I am over in your part of the world, I'll buy you a pinta. We can discuss mentalism, etc.

I know a great place!
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
You know the triple prediction idea is rather nice and perfect for strolling.

It keeps a small group entertained, it's simple enough for the entire routine to be centered on the presenation, packs small and I am sure is a lot of fun to perform. Very nice indeed.

I also think that the very fact that three completely differnt things are thought of makes it stronger. In fact you could get two of them to swap - ie

"no, on second thoughts you think of the number and would you just think of a word?"

Nice thinking doc.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Performed this again today and it seems to be getting stronger....the audience was a bunch of graduate students and PhD candidates on a methods training course and really loved the routine. I kid you not, their jaws dropped open!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Triple Mind Read (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL