The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Right or Wrong? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimmyrook
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of jimmyrook
I get booked to perform via an entertainment company, the pay is good the shows aren't as steady as I would like but its ok. On Thursday they called me up and asked if there was anyway I could perform at a last minute show for a summer camp. I agreed and they agency sent an someone over to the show with a table and mic stand (since I didn't have time to grab mine) when I got to the show everything was set up all I needed to do was unload my equipment and set up my mic and amp. the agency worker helped me carry in my amp and then had to leave. at the end of the show I asked one of the senior camp workers "is it possible if I can borrow one or two young men to assist me carrying my amp out to my car" they said no problem and two people came and helped me out. a day later I got a phone call from the agency owner telling me the camp had called him and said I demand someone carry my equipment for me and that I was out of line and they would never use his company again. I apologized to the owner and told him I did not demand anything, that is not like me I would never do that period. on the phone he sounded ****ed at me. do you guys think I was out of line asking for some help? And how should I deal with the agency owner? thanks for your help.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Sometimes the people booking the show will, indeed, make claims like that. I think they may do it to try to lower the money they owe to the agency. I had one summer daycare (young kids to older ones) tell a particular agency that I had "struck a child" during the performance. What I had done in actuality, was roll up a coloring book into a tube and touch it to the top of his head before pouring a handful of colors out of the tube. Fortunately, I'd worked for this agency several times and they'd NEVER had a complaint of any type, only complements. My side won out. You just never know what they could say, whether it's something misconstrued, taken out of context or misrepresented to the agency personnel. Could be an honest mistake or could be so they don't have to pay.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Right or Wrong? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL