The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Horse magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sindre
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Sindre
Hi! I wrote horse magic because I don't remember what a person sitting on a horse is called in English.

What do you think? Do color changing whips or the zombie with a helmet?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24145 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Equestrian, rider, cowboy, cavalier, knight, horseman.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Sindre
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Sindre
Hehe. I mean rider. So what do you think of this?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20487 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Over the years, Lucy and I have incorporated live horses in stage magic.

We don't do color changing horses but that was done in the Wizard of Oz.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Sindre
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Sindre
Cool. I think horse'ish magic sounds great if you have the right audience
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
I think there's a lot you can do with this... are you familiar with horses and riding equipment?

For example, you could do Professor's Nightmare with lead ropes, split reins, cinch leathers, or braided horse hair. You could probably find a way to do a linking ring routine with hoof picks or stirrups. I like your idea of doing zombie with a helmet; you could use a saddle blanket with that effect too. You could do a dancing crop in place of a dancing wand... hmmm... what else can I think of? Lead rope through body? Balloon to Breyer Horse (those are model horses... very nice ones)?

I guess it depends on what you have access to! Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20487 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
What about stirrups off rope?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
7958 Posts

Profile of funsway
The earliest documentable warriors with horses were the Alani, who aledgedly rode bareback but tied their legs to the horse who were trained to fight on even if the rider was killed (scycles on their legs). So, posing the quesion of how the "Shining One" got off the horse quickly, I tied some rings onto my legs with leather thongs. A pull on the rings pulled the thongs through my legs and off. I then did some ring on thong effects imagining what they would have done with magic rings that went through rope -- how to you store them? T talked abut hoobling the horse and making a halter and such, but the rinsg kept coming off. I used the rings from my Dollar Squeese for this and wound up with that.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20487 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
You are going to have to see the arena shows in Tennessee!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

markmiller
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of markmiller
There was a magic episode of the TV comedy "Mr. Ed" where Wilbur and his horse perform at a magic convention. Don't know how to find it, but if memory serves it's worth a look.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20487 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Here is Kyle using a live unicorn in a card trick.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=6743016

What period is that? (I bet Bill Palmer used them in cups and Balls before that!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I'd call us Four Horseshoes mounted lucky Magicians
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20487 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
As the price of gasoline rises, magic from horseback may be worth thinking about again!

Bob Sanders
Magic by Sander
Bob Sanders

FranciscoDancon
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of FranciscoDancon
Hey! This is my first post here, so forgive me if I am out of order, but this thread got me thinking about a couple of tricks you could do with a horse. The first one I thought of is to hide a card in his hoof in advance. Then you can do a force routine, vanish that card and then voila, you tell the spectator to pick up the horse's foot and there is their card. Granted, the spectator has to be experienced enough around horses to know how to pick up a horse's foot, but I think it would get quite an amazing reaction!

On another note, as a kid I taught all my horses to smile. I did this with sugar cubes and mustard. I put mustard in their mouth, they would lift their lip, I'd make my signal, and I'd give them a sugar cube. It took all of four minutes for the horses to learn the trick, and everyone who sees it loves it. Now the horses are old and retired. They live in my parents pasture, and whenever I visit they still recognize me and do that trick. They know I always remember to bring treats!

If I ever put a magic act together, I would love to include a routine that includes morphing miniature horses. The idea would be that a black miniature horse walks on its hind legs behind a curtain and out the other side walks a white one....etc etc etc....I think crowds would love that!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Horse magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL