The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » "America's Got Talent" - Who did firecracker stunt? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I find this putrid 'show' about as obnoxious and phony as they come.

1st...congratz to GTG and DM for a good performance under really lousy conditions...the buzzer going off on Dan almost caused a mishap. George I loved the Silly Straw bit.

This Brit punk ass Pierce whatever his name is..the one who always looks like he smells a pickle while watching an act has absolutely NO business judging mcuh less disrespecting hard working variety acts...like the guy on the horse or countless oher struggling performers...the punk hasn't a clue and hits a button before the act even makes a first move.

Ozborn...really personifies the clueless...she hadn't the slightest idea of what George was about to do yet knee jerked a 'He's going to make me throw up' bit when she saw a 'TUBE!' and refused to watch.

This reaction was echoed later when the ultimate Hollywood DORK 'The Hoff' otherwize known to me as 'Baby Huey' decided he was too delicate to watch a Sword Swallow.

The crowd...the lovely audience is trained to overwhelm any act some moron in the crowd doesn't like so much for been entertained.

Sure some deserve not to be on stage like the fake dog act (woman and the dog trained for two days) but most are WORKING ACTS no matter how minor or struggling to be seen. I don't blame the acts for trying but gawd awmighty I hate this f***ng show and everything represented by the JUDGES arrogance and stupidity.

Sure good acts get through bbut too many small time performers are treated like crap when there is a Brit Punk who declares the first few SECONDS of a persons act was a "Waste of his time".

And the lady with the huge boobs...what was not to like? haha. T-Ray could make her a star!

I'm really surprised George got through these jerks and Dan has a tough road ahead with 'Baby Huey'...maybe the Hoff (more like the Puff) will load up on the crap he ingests and not be a factor when it comes to a sword.

Thank 'The Dish' for DVR...I will never have to watch this mean spirited turd again except to see George and Dan.

But then that's just my opinion.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Yeah, Joe Coleman was doing this in the 1980's till he got arrested for doing it. Like Donny said, he's not a sideshow performer per se, more of a performance artist, but he's a huge fan of the sideshow. Freaks made appearances in many of his paintings.
He's a fantastic artist.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2008-07-02 10:42, Doug Higley wrote:
I find this putrid 'show' about as obnoxious and phony as they come.

This Brit punk ass Pierce whatever his name is..the one who always looks like he smells a pickle while watching an act has absolutely NO business judging mcuh less disrespecting hard working variety acts...like the guy on the horse or countless oher struggling performers...the punk hasn't a clue and hits a button before the act even makes a first move.

HEY HIS NAME IS Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piers_Morgan - yes I believe what I read in Wiki when I cant be arsed!)

What you mean hes got no business judging a talent show ... the man is a god in the enteraintment business...... oh wait a minute...

Your right he sucks adn is rubbish ont eh UK one as well. JUST don't SEND HIM BACK when your donwe with him - we don't want him! Smile Can you send him to "Mexicos got talent....... and sharp knives if you buz us after 3 seconds well do you in" That would be gterat thanks!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
You are right. Joe did do it back in the early 1980s. I completely forgot about that. That is what lack of sleep will do for you. Marty, the activities director up at SUNY Delhi was with him when Joe did this at a reunion. It is a great story. Joe used to hang out at Huberts and does a great impression of Congo the Jungle Creep.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Might he have seen it done at Huberts?

I have a list somewhere, of acts and performers there, but it's incomplete.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
No, I don't think so. Hubert's was a real grind and done in a basement, so I don't think setting firecrackers off was done there.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Firecrackers 50 times a day, would also have been an expense.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Is it just me or does this season the croud seems a lot more harsh to the acts on stage?

I thought that I saw Tyler Fyre on the early previews at the begining of the series this season. But who knows, looks like they want another singing act or something.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
They've got somebody that certainly resembles him next week, according to the trailers.

www.bladewalker.com
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
I have not talked to Tyler but I do know one of the fire-eaters to be on the show is named "Bizzaro"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus......d=975065

Perhaps that is who you saw in the trailers?
ReggieB
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia, PA, USA
183 Posts

Profile of ReggieB
Quote:
On 2008-07-02 13:19, erikkloeker wrote:
I have not talked to Tyler but I do know one of the fire-eaters to be on the show is named "Bizzaro"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus......d=975065

Perhaps that is who you saw in the trailers?

he got a lot of air time in trailers. ive seen a couple of his dvds, seems nice enough...
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Yeah he's all over the commercials but he's already been on and gone they only showed a fraction of his act and then the judges ripping him apart. He was a part of the show where they were talking about "bad magicians" (which I felt bad about) where they were only showing clips and snippets of various magicians all leading up to The Pendragons, which I felt was kinda unfair, I mean the Pendragons are super veterans as far as magic goes so not too many people are going to stack up or would want to stack up to them out of respect.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
The Pendragon's were great I talk to them occasionally, I couldn't help but notice how old he is looking though.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
You'd look old too if you took an arrow through your stomach, liver and heart. Bound to age you a bit, but it's good to see that he's doing well.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Bizzaro is an incredibly nice guy and inovative performer... all of his tricks were created by him. He's also a sideshow guy in the last few years he's worked for Ricky Kales a few times.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Yeah, Bizzaro got short-shrift. I think they didn't like him for the same reason I think they wouldn't like me--anyone whose act is character-based, or is very "costumey", they seem to dismiss out of hand.

I also think having the Pendragons on was billshut. Nothing against them--I did a show with them a few months ago and spent a couple hours talking to Jonathan--but they are an established act. They're already worth a million dollars. How are you gonna call an act that's been on World's Greatest Magic "up-and-coming".

Granted, the story of Jonathan's accident made good t.v., and their Metamorphasis is world-famous, but they don't belong on that show.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Firecrackers changed my life forever...

I think it was 1999 I attended Weerd Weekend as a featured performer. The first night I was there I was introduced to Harley Newman and he said something like, "I just learned a new stunt and I'm going outside to try it for the first time wanna watch?" How could I say no? I grabbed the camera and we went out to the beach in Stuart Florida. Harley ripped of his shirt and duct taped firecrackers to his chest and lit them. He looked just like Superman being shot by a machine gun. The pictures came out foggy because of the humidity (kind of weerd) but that moment changed my life. I had to learn this stuff! Unlike magic, which I still love and perform for a living, sideshow is real and I love that.

Fitz

Click here to view attached image.
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Sorry they are so small it the best I could do...
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
I always knew Harley had an aura around him.
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
249 Posts

Profile of Michael K
Adam, you are correct Harley does have an aura.

And after reading this post, I can be more confident in my decision to dump my TV. But I do miss "Good Eats."

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » "America's Got Talent" - Who did firecracker stunt? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL