We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The best batman video I've come across (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
H
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
... Batman looks.. different.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L4cg1yzFIg
Try this, for some reason the first post didn't take
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
Goofiest thing I ever saw. I won't rewatch it though Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I gotta admit, I didn't laugh.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Did you at least crack the slightest bit of a smile?

Did you have any reaction?

Are you human?

I came across it by accident while searching something serious and then I started laughing so hard and crying because it was so dumb. It really is all about timing though.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
It sort of beat me into submission...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I wonder what Bob Kane thought of the 60's TV show. It was so far away from the character he created. And... No I did not laugh...Yes I did smile.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
I don't get it.
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
614 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
1:19 seconds of my life I can never recover. I am now dumber for having watched that video.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3145 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
As ridiculous as it sounds, I prefer the original version of the song... El Mudo's "Chacarron Macarron".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l12Csc_lW0Q

As bad as it gets, the backup dancers never quit.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Ha! I didn't realize it was a real song. I just thought the dude sampled and looped Homer Simpson and put it to a beat (in the batman video).
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We3B6WAkx20&feature=related

***Spoiler***
A complete waste of time with no pay off.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-07-02 12:48, Cliffg37 wrote:
I wonder what Bob Kane thought of the 60's TV show. It was so far away from the character he created. And... No I did not laugh...Yes I did smile.

I did not laugh in the least bit. Not even a smile.

I was going through a Batman book at the bookshop and came across a 50's Batman comic where he and Robin are going through a Gotham City night. Yes, they're fighting crime, but they're also chatting with newsdealers, taxicab drivers and milkmen (anybody remember when they delivered milk?) The milkman even gives them free samples and I swear Batman says "Thank you citizen!"

I have to wonder if this was where Lorenzo Temple got his background for the series.

(Did anyone see the retrospective with Adam West and Burt Ward where Lyle Waggoner was narrating? They showed Lyle's screen test for Batman, he would have been a better, tougher Batman, but that series would have never been made!)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1638 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I believe Bob Kane loved the 60's show - if for no other reason than at that point the comic book was dead in the water and the show made Batman a household name. Before that period DC comics were planning on killing off the character.

People sometimes critise the show for spoiling the darkness of Batman and making it campy etc, but they don't mention that in the 50's and 60's the comic book had such ludicrous and fantastic things as a crime fighting german shepherd DOG, aliens and the Bat-Mite, basically a little kid in a Batman costume.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_the_Bat-Hound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat-Mite

The 60's show *saved* Batman, end of story.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yeah, what killed the dark, creepy Batman was the Comic Book Code.

They had to "lighten" it up just to keep it in print.

I did like that "Ace" the Bathound shows up (in a sense) in Batman Beyond. Bruce has a Great Dane named Ace who gets hurt protecting Bruce. Terry, the kid who plays the new Batman takes him along in the raid on the bad guys headquarters and the dog saves his life. Terry looks at him and says; "Good Batdog!" The line gets used again in "Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker"
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well Batman was "dark" when you consider the time in which it was written. The 50's Batman was not "dark" by today's standards.

I have always wondered how a charector whose parents are shot to death right in front of him as a child, could end up anything BUT a "dark" LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I just saw Batman: Gothman Knight last night. It's on limited release as part of an anime festival. It's six short films about batman, all interconnected.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The best batman video I've come across (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL