The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Looking for a Silk Flag - 13 Stars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1529 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Does anyone know of someone who carries a silk flag, 15" - 18" that has the 13 stars in a cirular patter like the first American flag?

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Rick,

RJE here on The Magic Café has MisMade Canadian Flag.

Perhaps with one of his blanks and Sharpie pens, you can make your own!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7384 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Rick -

Here's what you are seeking:

"Old Glory" Routine and Props, from Tim ......Imagery.

"Old Glory" Demo on YouTube.

- Donald

P.S. I've been doing a Mismade Canadian Flag for a few years, but it is good to see that Rob Evans will be producing sets for the magic community, with assistance from Tim Sonefelt. I think there has been a need for a long time. That's why I made my own sets 15 years ago, because I couldn't find a commercially available one. His set is slightly different from my version. Looks like it should be good.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Rick, I did what Bob suggested and made my own. I use a total of about twenty Flags in my History of the Flag show, and just couldn't afford to have made all the Flags that were necessary. It was fairly easy and looked right as long as I followed the dimenions. I did have to redo the 13-star Flag a couple of times because the stars just didn't look quite right.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Also, Barry Mitchell is producing a trick with a series of flags - called American Thread. Check it out on his site or e-mail him.

An American Thread
Barry Mitchell Signature Series #3
Performer removes the lid from a beautiful oak sewing box. The items inside are dumped into the lid revealing six spools of thread, scissors, paper, and an ink quill feather. One by one the colors of the threads are shown to symbolize the American revolutionary history. The story begins in 1751 when Benjamin Franklin wrote a satirical commentary about sending rattlesnakes to Britain. From there each thread and object brings to light brief points from American history building to the production of three 16” X 24” silk flags, the Gadsden, Grand Union, and Betsy Ross. The final moment brings it all together as the red, white, and blue threads are placed back inside the box and a giant 32” X 48” Stars and Stripes is removed. You won’t just be proud to perform this story/production you’ll be proud you’re an American. Very limited supply.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Looking for a Silk Flag - 13 Stars (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL