The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Pseudo Hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Can anybody give me some direction for good books, vids etc on pseudo hypnotic effects?
ANY info at all would be greatly accepted.
Thanks Smile
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
I am very interested for the above, too.I have some books in hypnotism, but there are not any pseudo hypnotic effects inside.
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
tasmagic
View Profile
New user
Australia
14 Posts

Profile of tasmagic
** Plug ** Card Mondor's Autobiography, "Dreams, Schemes, Nightmares and Illusions" which I am the exclusive distributor of, has details of his "Hip Hypnotism" routine that he used for years, originally developed in his Spook Show days.
Details are at http://www.ezymagic.com/dream.html
** end of Plug **
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
free fun books from
http://www.ezymagic.com/free4you.html
MagicIllusion
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of MagicIllusion
Hi Everyone,

In the Books for Sale section, I am offering my collection of books, videos, effects, and memoribilia for sale at a clearance price.

In it is a rare book by Stewart James called "Quick Hypnotic Tricks" that has the type of effects you are looking for. Some of the effects include:

Spectator Loses The Power To Control His Arm
Spectator Loses The Power To Walk
Spectator Loses The Power To Stand
Spectator Loses The Power To Get Out Of Chair (remote control method)
Spectator Loses The Power To Get Up From The Floor (remote control method)
Spectator Loses The Power To Open His Eyes
Spectator Loses The Power To Speak Without Stammering
And more...

Although absolutely no hypnosis is needed or used, these amazing effects rely on subtle principles of the human body that most people are not aware of. This is a very unique book.

For more info on the collection, feel free to email me at magicseller1@netscape.net.

Although I cannot break up the collection (it's all sealed inside a packing box for shipping), it does offer A TON of great magic for under $300!
Dr Omni
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of Dr Omni
There is a good manuscript dating from the 1950s entitled "Hypno-tricks" and written by Val Andrews, a veteran British showman, magician, mentalist and stage hypnotist who is still producing good material today (eg his book test). "Hypno-tricks" contains some good pseudo-hypnotic effects, together with some witty patter to go with them. Where you can get it I don't know, but you might try contacting Mr Andrews by snail-mail or fax (he doesn't have e-mail). His address is on Ian Rowland's website http://www.ian-rowland.co.uk

In addition to the above very obscure source, there is of course a good section on "Hypno-tricks" in Ormond McGill's "New Encylopedia of Stage Hypnosis" - the one book which surely every stage hypnotist in the world owns.
Hypnotist and mentalist.
Websites: www.corporatemedservices.co.uk
www.doctoromni.com
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
You might also want to check out "Dr. Q's Hypnotic Act," as described by William Larsen, Sr.

I actually saw him perform it on TV, and it was hilarious.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Thanks, fellas. I clicked on the URL given
for Ian Rowland's site; and it has gone. It was there, now it's GONE. Sleeved???
Lapped??? Topited???
Can any body help me with the solution?
:rotf:
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Hi Teejay.

You got the wrong URL, it's
http://www.ian-rowland.com (not co.uk). But to save you from having to look, here's the answer.

Val Andrews:

16 The Firs
Woodbine Close
Waltham Abbey
Essex
EN9 3RG

Let me know if it's any good.

Cheers,
Howard. Smile
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Could somebody please post here what Val Andrew has to say? And maybe inform him that he might get more inquiries. I am also interested in these things, but it seems pointless to try if everybody contacts him; and he doesn't sell the item anymore.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Pekka, the Rowland's site doesn't mention Val's "HypnoTricks" book. It does indicate that he is 'slow' to answer queries. And this is about his currently advertised book.
If you have been following the leads posted; you will realise that by now I was getting a bit frustrated, so I didn't bother snail mailing him yet.
His book and the others mentioned above will go on my wanted list.
Thanks for sending me the info, guys.
If anybody knows where I can get the books mentioned in this topic, or of any currently available book on the subject of "Pseudo Hypnosis"; I'd be grateful to hear from you.
I have the McGill book; so I'll dig that out and pursue the others as and when.
Smile
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Hi everybody,
In defense of Val- I ordered his Manuscript (BookTest) just before Christmas, and received it within a few days. I subsequently wrote him a letter about a way I had devised to perform his book test; and also received a speedy reply. As you know, he's not on the Net- so everything is done manually, so to speak. Maybe he's been innundated with mail since these posts?

Howard
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
Another option is "Kentonism"; a book which is currently in print.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
I looked in the McGill book, and it does have lots of pseudo hypnosis effects. It includes Dr, Q's "Hypnotic" act (mentioned above).
Thanks again,
Smile
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Watch strictlyunderground.com , I am currently studying with some hypnotists/mentalists. The most sure fire induction I've found was from Steve Santini, who regularly posts here. I will be writing a how to manual, and have some "ACTUAL" video footage from different performances. Email me if you're interested.

Zodiac@DoctorZodiac.com
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Thanks Dr_Zodiac. I'll watch strictlyunderground.com. I already have lots of fast induction stuff; and did a practitioner course with McKenna, Breen and Bandler. With a good subject, I can do an 'almost' instant induction. BUT not everybody is a GOOD subject, (LOL) are they?
I just want some even more 'instant PSEUDO'
stuff (even more LOL) to bridge that gap.
Thanks to the good members here, I'm getting
some. Unfortunately, some of the leads have been rather impractical to track down. If anybody has any more info please post it.
It's magic (UK joke).
Thanks again,
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Pseudo Hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL