The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kards for Kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
The e-book version is now complete. Printed books should be back from the printer by mid-November. I also have quite a few of these effects available individually with all of the necessary cards included.

http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob/KIDS00a_TOC.htm
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
"Kards for Kids" is now available in print! Click here for more information: http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob

I was delayed slightly in getting the printed books ready, but they are now available. So you can now choose between e-book or printed book format. Many of the effects are also available ready-made with the custom cards included (for those of you who have no desire to print your own cards).

The reason it took me so long to get the printed books ready is that I spent almost the entire month of December (including Christmas and New Year's Eve) by my wife's side in the hospital. She suffered a pulmonary embolism. One good thing came from this, though. She was scheduled to fly with me to Chicago the next day. They say if she had gotten on that plane, it would almost certainly have killed her. Thankfully, she is home now and doing relatively ok (although it will still be a long recovery). But I am faced with some fairly substantial bills so, if you've been sitting on the fence about purchasing any of my material, now would be a great time!

I offer .pdf versions of individual effects for only $5 each, so you can sample one or two first if you like. If you then decide to purchase the entire e-book, I'm more than happy to apply your previous purchase toward the total cost.

Reviews for my previous books ("I Hate Card Tricks" and "I STILL Hate Card Tricks") can be found here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=159&36

If you're interested in purchasing both volumes of "I Hate Card Tricks," there is a discounted combo deal available on the website. If you'd like to purchase all three e-books, contact me directly and I'll arrange an additional discount for the third one.

Even if you're unable to make a purchase, all thoughts and prayers for my wife's recovery would be greatly appreciated!

Bob
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
My hat is off to Magicbob.

I generally don't do card tricks for kids, but after reading this thread last night I decided to dip my toe into the water and I ordered one of his .pdf files, Monkey Business. I didn't realize it until I had placed the order, but my Paypal info still used an e-mail address I no longer use. So I sent Bob an e-mail explaining what happened.

That was at 11:55 p.m. on the east coast. At 1:33 a.m., a little more than an hour and a half later, Bob sent me the .pdf to the e-mail address I use for my magic correspondence. I don't know if he's in a different time zone or never sleeps, but THAT'S SERVICE!

And what a bargain. I just bought the one .pdf because I wasn't sure what to expect and I figured $5 was worth the risk. What I got back in pdf form was a 22-page set of instructions with three alternate handlings suitable for various skill levels, pdfs of the various cards that I can print on my home printer, and another pdf giving detailed instructions of how to print your own cards on blank-faced cards. Wow.

I haven't tried all of the alternative handlings yet, but I am very impressed with the thought that went into these tricks for kids. Best of all, Bob offers a new -- and I think better -- way to do a "color monte" style routine without that weird jog move so many of us hate. That alone is worth the five bucks in my opinion.

I don't know whether I'll end up purchasing the entire e-book, because I'm still not sure how many card tricks I'm going to do for kids, but based on what I've seen so far, I can vouch for the quality and the thought that has gone into this work. I intend to show the basic routine at my local SAM meeting and Virginia Magic Socity meeting this week and hope to work it into my children's show in the near future. Nice job, Bob.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I've used several of Magic Bob's tricks, and they are all clever, colorful, and thoughtful in a way that is humorous to adults but which kids also get (and these are sophisticated tricks which do not condescend to kids). Bob's got the psychology, the humor, and the artwork. . . All of these are good, and some are downright fantastic.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 00:14, LMLipman wrote:
That was at 11:55 p.m. on the east coast. At 1:33 a.m., a little more than an hour and a half later, Bob sent me the .pdf to the e-mail address I use for my magic correspondence. I don't know if he's in a different time zone or never sleeps, but THAT'S SERVICE!

I am on the east coast, but I gave up sleep a long time ago! Smile

I always strive to send out orders as soon as I receive them. But occasionally I'm out performing (and yes even sleeping once in a while), so please allow 24 hours for delivery. If you haven't received a reply from me within 24 hours, please send me another e-mail to ensure that I received your order.

Bob
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Looking back at the original post, I realized that it doesn't reflect additional content that I added to the book. There's a bonus effect that goes along with "Wabbit Season" as well another effect that I added to the line-up.

Here are the updated contents:

Kards for Kids

o Dogs Playing Poker
o Monkey Business
o P.B.& J. Sandwich
o The Emperor's New Clothes
o Wabbit Season
o Bonus Effect: Fraidy Cat Wabbit
o Mickey Moose
o Creepy Crawlers
o I See London, I See France...
o Panda-monium
o The Chronicles of Card-nia
o Lion Around
o Added Bonus: Guide to printing your own custom gaff cards
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 00:14, LMLipman wrote:
I intend to show the basic routine at my local SAM meeting and Virginia Magic Socity meeting this week and hope to work it into my children's show in the near future.

Well, as I mentioned, I performed the "Monkey Business" trick at my local SAM Assembly and VMS meeting last week and got a strong positive reaction both times. I still haven't had a chance to perform it for a kids audience, but I hope to do so in the near future.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
More praise for "Kards for Kids"

"Wow, Bob! It sounds like we think alike. The art work is great and the plots are too."
- David Kaye (aka "Silly Billy")

"WOW! What a great book. Kids will love these card tricks! I guarantee."
-Ken Scott

"Just glanced at the PDF file and already like what I see."
-Duane Laflin

"... terrific ideas"
"... well worth the price of the book."
-B.J. Hickman

For more information, visit the website:

http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob

I'm currently hard at work on Volume 3 of "I Hate Card Tricks."

I'm also pleased to announce the launch of my newest book, "Sticky Situations."

Click here to view attached image.
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kards for Kids (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL