The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » If I could get one gimmick... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I LOVE my Hopping Halves. So if someone is going to purchase one effect, this is a good choice. The original post asked if you could only have ONE gimmick. The HH set does technically include more than one gaff. But since it is a single gimmicked coin effect, I think we can expand our definition to include it. Just be aware that it costs about twice as much as the e] by itself would (as of this writing around $60 vs. $30).

There are other routines possible besides the basic "If I put this one in my pocket, what's left" version that's included in the instructions. Plus, as someone said above, you can use the gaffs independently to develop even more effects.

Scotch & Soda is also a good choice, as well as C/S coin. I also like CSB a lot, but now we are really starting to expand the definition quite a bit.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
To me, the Hopping Half set offers the best value. If you get each gimmicked coin individually, it will cost a lot more than the Hopping Half. I wish I knew about this when I was starting out in coin magic. In my case, I had to get a s***l and cs separately.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Triple Threat...so many possibilities -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
Airave
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
137 Posts

Profile of Airave
One Gimmick?..... Hmmmmmmmm
Johnson HH's are worth the money!

Practice lots, they do talk.

Great easy inprov Magic
for those who Care!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » If I could get one gimmick... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL