The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card manipulation deck and distributor or manufacturer. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

richardcardini
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of richardcardini
Hello guys. I'm very interested in magic and entertaining people.

Two years ago, I thought I would buy Jeff McBride's "The Art of Card Manipulation" video series, and so I did Smile. I have since been practicing everything taught on his videos. I have noticed a few little things that Jeff does in his videos which he doesn't actually teach.

One of the moves is a half pivot and then a production of a fan. Jeff first teaches how to pivot, then he teaches how to produce a fan from the backpalm position. However, at the beginning when he performs the manipulation sequence, he doesn't start with the cards in his front palm. The cards aren't between the index finger, middle, pinky, and ring fingers with his hand turned around when he is about to half pivot.

Instead, he starts with them in thumb crotch. Then he displays his pinky open freely in the air, then performs the half pivot. When I first watched that two years ago, I thought he never taught the trick as he should have. After a while, I just let some of these discrepencies in the video teachings pass as his personal style and different ways of doing the manipulations. There are also more little differences between when he shows the tricks, and when he teaches them with 'extra' information Smile.

Anyways, I'm looking for a good manufacturer in Canada or the United States that sells card manipulation decks. Even a good distributor would be nice Smile. Please post some help for me. I live in Canada. However, US distributors and other manufacturers that are located outside of Canada I can look into. Smile

Richard,

I Smile
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of kipling100
Try just holding the cards faces toward your palm in perfect production position and then just fan them out normally. I think that's how he did it on his video.

Or, hold the cards in normal perfect production position and pivot to backpalm and produce from there.

I don't really like how manipulation cards are often bridge size, so I usually just use poker size Bees.
richardcardini
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Does anyone else have any ideas on where to obtain playing cards in bulk for cheap?

Richard,

Steam boat, Bee, Norm Neilson cards, or any other type?
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Have you tried going to Costco or Sam's Club? Any of the big discount warehouse stores. Smile
richardcardini
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

I'm still looking for a good place to purchase cards. I'll post anything if I find an outstanding place, and I'll also check Costco and any other discount warehouses. Smile

thanks, Smile
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of kipling100
Costco has a lot of Bikes, but I'm sure you're looking for Bees, right?
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
You can purchace Bees and Bikes at Costco for about $13.00 (U.S.A. currency) after tax, and just do what McBride teaches in his video on how to prepare the cards.

I personally don't like his preparation technique. What I suggest is that you just try to wear out the cards, that way you have the feel and it strengthens your fingers because they are new cards.

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
richardcardini
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

I currently use Bicycle brand playing cards. I can back palm 14 cards out of the box in my right hand, without a single card showing. Smile

How many Bicycle cards can you guys backpalm without even a single piece of white showing? Smile I can back palm 11 Bicycles out of the box, with my left hand. Smile
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card manipulation deck and distributor or manufacturer. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL