The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Twilight Zone?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
My all-time favorite TV show...I can't be the only one who thinks one of the very best things about holidays is a Twilight Zone marathon. Favorite episodes? Mine is probably "The Rip Van Winkle Caper" (the heist after which they go into suspended animation only to discover that gold is worthless in the future" or "The Gift" a rarely-aired episode where an alien appears in human form and gives a gift to the boy who cleans the bar in the small town where he turns up.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3399 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
"To Serve Man"

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-07-04 17:14, Stanyon wrote:
"To Serve Man"

Cheers! Smile

One of the classics...and one of the first things Richard Kiel did.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
"Willoughby! Next stop, Willoughby!"
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3399 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2008-07-04 17:19, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
"To Serve Man"

Cheers! Smile

I thought that it was Ted Cassidy (Lurch)?

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-07-04 17:59, Stanyon wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-04 17:19, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
"To Serve Man"

Cheers! Smile

It was Kiel, but Kiel once said that peopler very frequently confused him with both Cassidy and Fred Gwynne.

I thought that it was Ted Cassidy (Lurch)?

Cheers! Smile

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1672 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Just saw "The Howling Man" - another of my favorites.

remf3
View Profile
New user
Novato, California
67 Posts

Profile of remf3
I can't remember the name of the episode, but the one with the old lady who locks herself in her apartment to escape death. Robert Redford is in it as death. I thought that one was great.

And the one where the drunk hobo becomes Santa Claus.

I miss the TZ marathons on Sci-Fi
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Miss 'em? I'm watching one right now on Sci-Fi!! "It's a good thing you did, Anthony...it's a REAL good thing."

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
"A changing of the guard" always brings a tear to my eye. I personally have been in a situation where students came to my aid. (not from death or anything severe, but still it felt pretty good) That scene was later "borrowed" on an episode of Boston Public.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
"Death's Head Revisited" and "Obsolete" are a couple I look forward to watching when the TZ marathons are one. I like all the TZ episodes, but there are ones I look forward to watching more than others. I'm hoping to eventually have all the dvds and cds(for TZRadio).
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Don't remember the name..but I loved the episode where the guys ventriloquist figure came to life! (look to the left of this post)
But I think my all time favorite is "Talking Tina" with Telly Savalas.
C'mon, let's here that music now..doo dee doo dee doo dee doo dee
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
William Shatner with the Gremlin on the airplane wing.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
My favorites have always been "Five Characters In Search Of An Exit" (a major, a clown, a hobo, a ballerina, and a bagpiper are all stuck "somewhere") and "Back There" (Russell Johnson travels back in time and tries to save President Lincoln's life).

Quote:
On 2008-07-04 22:20, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Miss 'em? I'm watching one right now on Sci-Fi!! "It's a good thing you did, Anthony...it's a REAL good thing."

If you enjoyed "It's A Good Life" (part 1, part 2, part 3) with Bill Mumy (Lost in Space's "Willl Robinson") and a VERY young Cloris Leachman as his mother, and you always wondered what happened, check out "It's Still A Good Life" (part 1, part 2, part 3). They even brought back many of the original cast members!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2431 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Scott, it's good that you like that episode, it's REAL GOOD. Isn't it good, everybody?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
So hard to choose! My two episode favorites were "Once Upon a Time" and "One For the Angels" because they featured Buster Keaton and Ed Wynn.

My favorite "Twilight Zone" flashback came on "3rd Rock From the Sun" when John Lithgow meets Bill Shatner at the airport as "The Big Giant Head." Shatner begins describing this horrible thing that he saw on the wing of the plane. Lithgow jumps in, "The same thing happened to me!" Lithgow played Shatner's part in the 1983 movie remake of Shatner's 1963 episode. That moment was priceless!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-07-05 04:09, Scott Cram wrote:
My favorites have always been "Five Characters In Search Of An Exit" (a major, a clown, a hobo, a ballerina, and a bagpiper are all stuck "somewhere") and "Back There" (Russell Johnson travels back in time and tries to save President Lincoln's life).

Quote:
On 2008-07-04 22:20, LobowolfXXX wrote:

If you enjoyed "It's A Good Life" (part 1, part 2, part 3) with Bill Mumy (Lost in Space's "Willl Robinson") and a VERY young Cloris Leachman as his mother, and you always wondered what happened, check out "It's Still A Good Life" (part 1, part 2, part 3). They even brought back many of the original cast members!

I like both of those episodes, too...particularly "Back There." I IMDB'd (Internet Movie Database: http://www.imdb.com) the "5 Characters in Search of an Exit" cast and was amused to find that the ballerina didn't do a whole lot of acting, but she DID give birth to...DARVA CONGER! That's right, the first "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?!" winner.

MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
My favorite episode was the woman who came out of face surgery, which was outright beautiful, andshe still wasn't "normal" Turned out that everyone had pig faces.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
To fill in a few holes regarding titles and such:

Robert Redford as Death: "Nothing in the Dark"
Hobo turning into Santa Claus (Art Carney as Santa): "Night of the Meek"
"To Serve Man" the Kanamit was Richard Kiel
Ventriloquist doll coming to life: "The Dummy"
Gremlin on the airplane wing: "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet"
Woman having face surgery: "Eye of the Beholder"...Donna Douglas (of Elly Mae Clampet fame) played the woman after the bandages were removed, but Maxine Stewart played the woman BEFORE the bandages were removed (she's the one with all the dialogue)

One little tidbit of information regarding Twilight Zone Radio: Carl Amari has gotten permission to use some scripts that were approved but never produced in the Radio Dramas. I've heard one..."Free Dirt" involving a man who tries to get anything and everything free...and in order to plant a garden with the seeds he's gotten for free in the mail, he goes to a local cemetary that is offering "free dirt" for anyone wanting to haul it away. Imagine the mystery and suspense that ensues!!! Also, Amari has gotten permission to start writing some new and original Twilight Zone Radio Dramas. He's going to try and keep these in the tradition of the original tv show. I'm a bit skeptical about this, but I'll wait until I hear some of the shows before I make a final decision on how I feel about this.

Now..what does all of this mean? It means I NEED TO GET A LIFE!!!!!
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Twilight Zone?! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL