The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » It's surprising how much sense Mr. Brown talks! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I don't see the sense in that article. I only see Brown backing down from a potential libel case. If he had sense he wouldn't have got into that spot in the first place.

As far as Bandler goes I think he is a bit of both. A possible genius and probable con. 60%-40% just not sure which way though.

I can't believe what people pay to go on his seminars. They are basically a series of rambling humouress stories that to me, become boring very quickly.

I watched his Neuro Hypnotic repattern three day seminar on DVD. Was struggling to get through the first DVD out of 8. My friend paid £3000 to be there live. I wouldn't pay £30.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
I think Derren should be suing Bandler for a profit share. . . .

I'm sure there have been a lot of people signing up for NLP courses because they have heard somewhere that NLP is the 'how' behind a lot of Derrens work.
C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
Yay!... Now Anyone who has a first edition of Tricks Of The Mind, now has something of a collectors item on their hands, although I would MUCH rather a first edition of Pure Effect?

In fairness, I think Bandler has created some great techniques, that however does nothing to change his sleazy demeanor and criminal record.

I think Derren should be allowed write what he wants in his book, haven't people done this sort of thing before and gotten away with it?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Then Brown, could be seen as helping those who run the con if it is that.

-J ack

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2008-07-05 10:30, Jim-Callahan wrote:

Not really. Derren himself never endorsed NLP and expressed his thoughts in Tricks of the mind... to distance himself publicly from NLP.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
A great deal of the time Milton had no idea how he achieved something. NLP is meant to model that???
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2008-07-05 10:40, Paul Shirley wrote:
Quote:

Not really. Derren himself never endorsed NLP and expressed his thoughts in Tricks of the mind... to distance himself publicly from NLP.

So Derren, never led people to think he used NLP?
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Derren hasn't mentioned NLP even once in his shows, so how he led people to think that? There are people who think David Blaine can really fly, but it's none of his fault either.

And what's up with the misplaced commas, Jim? Looks weird.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2008-07-05 10:53, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-05 10:40, Paul Shirley wrote:
Quote:

So Derren, never led people to think he used NLP?

I don't know. Can never be 100% sure I guess but the only reference I have heard DB make towards NLP is in his book. I have never heard reference made in any of his shows, or interviews.

Granted, I am sure I have not read every interview he has ever done.

Have you heard him cite NLP as one of his methods Jim?
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
He does mention it in Pure Effect, but doesn't exactly give a glowing endorsement. Page 107 of the edition I have, under the chapter heading 'Communicative Subtleties'.

-- Topher
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Just making comment on the posts, befor mine.

And asking a question.

Sorry, about the commas.
I think they look kind of fancy so I throw them in sometimes to, to make things interesting.

-Jim
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
I'm more upset about how Brad and Angie's neigbors reportedly behaved according to the article. Sheesh! Some people!
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Don't be sorry Jim.

Commas are certainly the fanciest punctuation devices I can think of Smile

Followed closely by the semicolon.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:
On 2008-07-05 11:36, Jim-Callahan wrote:

Sorry, about the commas.
I think they look kind of fancy so I throw them in sometimes to, to make things interesting.

-Jim

Alright I, understand. Don't worry, about it; Jim.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2008-07-05 11:45, Don Theo III wrote:
I'm more upset about how Brad and Angie's neigbors reportedly behaved according to the article. Sheesh! Some people!

Forget Brangelina!.... what's that cheeky Noel Edmonds been up to then!!! Smile
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
He has referenced it a few times on bbc radio 1, more towards the start of his rise to stardom, Jo Whiley I think.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The handshake induction and much of Brown's early patter was lifted directly from Bandler. Bandler IS charasmatic Brown "stole" that from him. Bandler is a showman really and Brown copied him. He owes Bandler quite a lot really as far as Brown's character and spin on mentalism is involved. To call Bandler a "con" is like the kettle calling the pot black.

I think Bandler is a fantastic hypnotist and has created some really useful material. However he has over the years seemed to live off his name and just spout rubbish and overcharge for it.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It was a psychologist who he used for an effect in an early show of his, it was he was said "that's one of the most powerful displays of NLP I've ever seen..." something like that anyway...

surely he's allowed an opinion though in a book?

bandler and grinder are forever sueing one another too aren't they...

whose pacing and whose leading?
I've asked to be banned
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2008-07-05 12:27, mindpunisher wrote:
The handshake induction and much of Brown's early patter was lifted directly from Bandler. Bandler IS charasmatic Brown "stole" that from him. Bandler is a showman really and Brown copied him. He owes Bandler quite a lot really as far as Brown's character and spin on mentalism is involved. To call Bandler a "con" is like the kettle calling the pot black.

Lifted directly?? Really? How different is Bandlers handshake induction to Ericksons?

What is Bandlers spin on mentalism?

and when did it become recognized that Bandler pioneered the use of 'charisma' in regards to performance??

I still don't find you entertaining MP. I Promise Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » It's surprising how much sense Mr. Brown talks! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL