The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Terry Evanswood review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
Steve is correct,, Terry works for Fee/Henderick Entertainment group which owns most of the shows in Piegon Forge.. Go to any of those shows and you will see the same type of pitch..Folks for them its a business and a very good one. Terry is a great performer and one of the good guys. don't fault for who he works for.. just sit back enjoy the show and watch a guy who has profected his craft.

Don
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Just a clarification. It's Fee/Hedrick Family Entertainment Entertainment Group. (I wanted to make sure that Jim Hedrick's name was correctly spelled.) While it may be annoying to some that so much pitching is going on, David Fee and Jim Hedrick have managed to produce great shows in Pigeon Forge.

They are at the front of the line when it comes to doing things right. On top of that, their souvenir prices are actually much more reasonable than those of some of the shows in the area.

I have been watching Terry perform since he first came to Pigeon Forge. He's always put on a great show. What he needed was a strong backer and now he has that. With David and Jim behind him, we can all look forward to seeing Terry in Pigeon Forge for years to come.

By the way, if you want more information about Fee/Hedrick Family Entertainment Group, their website is:
http://www.feehedrick.com/

My only connection to them is that I have known David Fee since he was 15 years old and Jim since college. You might be interested to know that David was a very active performing magician, including winning the Youth Stage Contest at the I.B.M. Convention two years in a row as a youngster. (It may have been three years in a row - I couldn't remember.) He also was a cruise ship performer before becoming a cruise director.

Michael
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Thanks for the link Mike. Yes, they are pros at marketing to the tourists.
Dennis Michael
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I've also been attending Terry's shows for years. I first saw him several times at Eagle Mountain Theatre, or at least I believe that was the name of it. Then, I watched his show several more times at the Country Tonight Theatre. I have yet toi see his show at his new venue, but I look forward to it someday. Terry is great, and he is my favorite illusionist!

Regan
Mister Mystery
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
The show was fantastic. I saw it a month ago with my family while on vacation. The sales pitch was a bit annoying, but hey, the show was sold out and people were holding $$ in the air trying to buy the various sundries offered for sale. It's a business, like anything else.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
styck13
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of styck13
I saw the show Friday night and loved it. Terry looks like he's having a ball up there. (Barbara, that should be easy for me to remember, that's my mother's name...hahahahaha) I saw him perform several years ago and became a fan then. At the time he had a beautiful dog in the how with him..now it's a HUGE cat. It's amazing at how much the show has grown.

I went to shake his hand after the show (and get a closer look at the tiger) and he treated everybody with such respect, looking them in the eyes and smiling for pictures, spending a few seconds talking to them like PEOPLE rather than just "fans". Terry is a star in my book.

I really did like the set up to his "floating ball" routine. He used a picture of himself as a kid up on the big screen. he said that he "had to have it, if he had THAT trick he'd be a real magician..." he said he "got it and mastered it", showed it to his sister and she said "THAT'S STUPID!" (haha) ANYWAY GREAT ROUTINE..TIEING THE END OF THAT ROUTINE TO THE PICTURE ON THE SCREEN WAS GREAT!

The show was not SOLD OUT but he certainly had a good house. (that's why we got the pictures and magic coloring book for only $10 EACH...They're worth $20 each ...that's what the guy at the front of the stage told us..hahahahahahah)

The "carney" in me actually kindof liked the sales pitch. For the most part it was treated like a "warm up" to the show and was actually entertaining....not as entertaining as Terry, but it certaily killed the 15 Minutes before the 8:15 show time. (the OK/Alright bit was really fun. I'm sure that's a "theme park" standard but I'd never heard it and really got a kick out of it)

I was on a Working Vacaion and no one in my party wanted to go with me so I had to see it by myself. I can't wait to take the family back to see it.

In short, if you haven't seen Terry's show, and find yourself in Pigeon Forge..Go See it..if you have seen it.. It's worth it to see it again.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1091 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Terry is one of the best. He does a great show that is filled with grand illusion without being cheesy or over-the-top.

The way he connects with the audience is something for all of us to strive for.

We've seen him many, many times, and highly recommend the show!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
[quote]On 2008-07-05 21:06, OHCollector wrote:

his card sleights routine that Tony Hassini made him promise he’d leave in his stage show when Evanswood won the Merlin Award. Essentially it was Jeff McBride’s card manipulation act, and was performed very well.

[quote]
Im sure if Terry read this he would find it offensive. I know for a fact that hes not copying McBride...Theres only so many ways to string together different moves!
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
For all the guys asking about the gumball machine. it's standard.
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
For the record, Terry's card act is a "Classic" Standard "CHAVEZ" school act! He did grad from there with Neal as his instructer...And THAT's were Jeff got his moves from! Terry didn't COPY anyone. If you go to Chavez you come out with that act! You only have to put your moves to it...which he did.

Robert
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
OHCollector
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of OHCollector
Quote:
On 2008-08-31 23:15, Andrew H. wrote:
Im sure if Terry read this he would find it offensive. I know for a fact that hes not copying McBride...Theres only so many ways to string together different moves!

I can see how what I wrote could be misinterpreted, but I wasn't suggesting that Terry copied McBride. My intention was to point out that Terry performed much of the same card routine I saw McBride do on an old tape of the New York Magic Symposium.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7403 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Having lived through the era of "Foster" children, there are many people who do a Chavez Neil Foster taught routine. The style is different from Walter Cummings, also Chavez, who taught Neil.

Jeff McBride is a very well read and creative magician. However the basis for a lot of his card work can be found from predecessors. People like Joe Cossari and Neil Foster all influenced Jeff. This is not to take away from Jeff at all. He has added his own touches and reintroduced this form of magic to a generation of magicians who prefer to watch than read.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
Your absolutly right Richard...
Terry's routine would follow Chavez, considering hes a greduate from his school.
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
Graduate, I can't spell. LOL
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1091 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I don't think what Terry does with the gumball machine is standard.

He doesn't go anywhere near it, and no one else seems too, either.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Get this, I'm actually heading down to Pigeon Forge next week .. and I'll see Terry's show. It's been more than a few years since I've seen his show .. and I'm sure he's only gotten better.

I'll tell it like it is when I return ...

Steve
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7403 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Terry's machine is standard but his method of handling it is not.

Chez, you must be doing a country music gig at Dollywood. Be sure to wear your best bib overalls.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
Terry is a GREAT Magician and even better person . For all of the trash-talkers about him and his theatre " Try doing a VEGAS Style Illusion Show and doing it well" Terry does it well and with class. He proves that hard work and dedication to the Art pays off and that anyone can accomplish their dreams when putting God first !!! I put his show over Dirk Arthur's and Steve Wyrick's Shows in Vegas ; anyday. He has a show for both young and old and uses old illusions in a new and upbeat way. The music , dance , and organization is as good as it gets ! And as for his card manipluation , it is a Chavez , but how many people can do that routine to perfection ( Im guessing out of all working magician's maybe 10% or less ) Grest Job Terry Keep up the good work ! - Carl Michael
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Carl speaks the truth ... Terry's show is as good or better than what you'll see in Vegas. The theater and lighting make the show look like a million bucks.

I wrote up my visit back in September on my website. It's in the News Section, simply titled Beyond Belief. Too much to include here ... but it was a great visit with one of my best friends in magic.

Steve
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I just got back in town from pigeon forge tn and I went and seen terry's christmas show. the show is great. anyone visiting pigeon forge should see the show. I do have a question from anyone who has seen the christmas show. I am wanting to know the name of the routine in which a candle and thread is used. the thread is burnt into several pieces by the candle and restored with just balling the thread up in the hand. I think it is probably a cut and restored rope routine but I am wanting more information on the routine. any help would be great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Terry Evanswood review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL