The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Labco MindBuster, useful in seance setting? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Labco MindBuster, a brand new electronic state of the art device,.
I have had this for the last couple of months and using it as what must be the ultimate mentalsts tool ! - however after giving it some thought, I came to the conclusion that MindBuster would be a great way to gather pre show information from seance sitters.
are any of you using it for a similar purpose yet?

take a look at it at http://www.labcomagic.com/

let me know your ideas / suggestions.

Steve.
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Obviously not very usefull for this use then!
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Steve
Firstly I don't think any of us down here have one; I played with John Archer's 2 weeks ago (ooh er) and it's a great bit of kit - no doubt.
But for pre show, a cheap ultra **** will suffice, and for use during a seance, the kit is (IMHO) incongruent to the surrounds. Plus, it couldn't be used in a dark seance for obvious reasons.
Where it WOULD fit is in the reception of a 'psychic' in anticipation of a hot reading - in fact that scares me, because you could really really fleece people if you wanted...

I would guess that most of us here are saving/sacrificing to the Old Ones for a "Witchboard"! Ideally I'd love both - time to get a lottery ticket, or sell the soul (again)
[
askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
294 Posts

Profile of askernas
*hmmm* .. making a pad with a lot of information to fill in .. for the client, that would bring the paper with him into the reading (but not show it) could definately prove a good use for the mindbuster.... Smile
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Docsteve; I would love the opportunity to play with john"s, - maybe I will at his north wales october lecture!

when you say it may be usefull in "the reception of a psychic", - by that do you mean a person, (receptionist), receiving guests pre seance show, could use it to gather real time information to reveal during the seance?

askernas; I beleive your idea is the more or less the same, - mindbuster used with a pre-printed sheet of questions, to ask the sitters personal infomation, that will later be revealed by the medium, would be very very powerful.
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Steve
That's exactly what I'm saying does go on in the murky world of 'real' psychics...
[
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Murky?
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

How about using it as a pre show device, with a questionair form in the folder, but hooked up to a printer, and that printer would be churning out copies as required, from as many audience members as you wish? very HOT reading.

I think John Edward would like that idea !

Steve
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1901 Posts

Profile of chmara
In a dark seance you would need to control the light needed to a peek. I have been thinking of how to rig a body peek rig for real time -- but with tri-focals this is a challenge/
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Chmara, maybe if the seance was in a normal lit room, you could then have the peek anytime you like, even with tri focals.

or if you really want the dark seance, then my method with the printer pre show would work well.

Steve
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Can this be used with an iPhone?
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
JoeBlack
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of JoeBlack
Quote:
On 2009-11-28 13:31, Doug Lippert wrote:
Can this be used with an iPhone?

I really doubt it, because there would have to be an app for it on the Appstore.
You should contact them about it though.
Maybe with a jail-broken iPhone you could make a program for it yourself.
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
212 Posts

Profile of milesart
Yes, it works with the iphone!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It's very useful for seance work.
Seance Medium
View Profile
New user
Used a Ouija board to write
53 Posts

Profile of Seance Medium
I'm sure it would be useful for a séance. However, I don't think it's any more useful than previous devices that have come before it. In other words, why pay more for the new-fangled device, when it doesn't necessarily work any better than the old-fangled one, under séance conditions. Maybe I'm missing some points. I think the mindbuster has some serious advantages for stage work, but a c&nt&r tear and an old impr&ssion d&vice is usually enough to get Uncle Harry to come through loud and clear (when he needs help.) I think the lcd screen in a dim-lit séance would be like a flashlight.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
The Mindbuster can be very effective for compiling information. A lot of information can be gathered with a single device used by many participants before the performance begins, if you know what I mean. I can't think of a scenario where you would want to use this device during the proceedings. Also, personal information can be overpowering in a theatrical seance. Having their Uncle Harry coming through during a seance show can be emotionally devastating for an audience member. The use of personal information takes a theatrical seance into a whole new realm, and it's not entertainment anymore.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1100 Posts

Profile of reese
There's low-tech ways to play the same script.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1100 Posts

Profile of reese
I can see the point to not have a seance be overpowering. Do no harm, right? Sometimes overpowering might be the way to fly though.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2014, reese wrote:
I can see the point to not have a seance be overpowering. Do no harm, right? Sometimes overpowering might be the way to fly though.

This is starting to go off topic. The use of any device, whether it be high or low tech, to compile personal information and then to use that information in a seance performance runs the risk of inflicting emotional pain upon the participant. Personal loss leaves people vulnerable in ways they are not aware. The use of personal information in a seance is a very dangerous thing. It takes the seance out of the realm of entertainment and into a very different area. It's a line that should not be crossed.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
In getting back on topic, the advantages of the Labco device is that you get information in real time without having to process the device to obtain the information, and all the information is kept in one convenient place so that all the information can be analyzed quickly. Plus, you only need to have the one device out among the spectators in order to do this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Labco MindBuster, useful in seance setting? (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL