The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Labco MindBuster, useful in seance setting? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1100 Posts

Profile of reese
Not to derail the thread, but I completely agree with you Todd on using personal info about a deceased loved one. I was thinking of having a seance become a tad overpowering by losing control of it, within the context of a story.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
When I did my first seance show I incorporated the lost of control as part of the arc of the show. It was fun to play with terror as a performance dynamic.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
I think if we are looking to suspend disbelief then the magic or spirits, the immaterial force that we are saying is creating the observed effects, should have an agenda of their / its own. The ultimate demonstration of this is when things begin happening that appear to surprise and frighten the performer, and are contrary to their stated plan. We need some chaos to seed the terror.

Great conversation folks. I'm enjoying your input greatly. And if you haven't read the thread in the crypt on spectator as medium, you should check it out. It dove tails with this conversation nicely.
Seance Medium
View Profile
New user
Used a Ouija board to write
53 Posts

Profile of Seance Medium
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2014, Todd Robbins wrote:
The Mindbuster can be very effective for compiling information. A lot of information can be gathered with a single device used by many participants before the performance begins, if you know what I mean. I can't think of a scenario where you would want to use this device during the proceedings. Also, personal information can be overpowering in a theatrical seance. Having their Uncle Harry coming through during a seance show can be emotionally devastating for an audience member. The use of personal information takes a theatrical seance into a whole new realm, and it's not entertainment anymore.

Not their Uncle Harry! MY Uncle Harry. . . He's my spirit guide and he's been popping up since 1982.

But I am confused. . . In a post above you said "It's very useful for seance work." Yet in the next post you say that personal information can be emotionally devastating. "The use of personal information takes a theatrical séance into a whole new realm, and it's not entertainment anymore." For what reason are we collecting this info? Why use the Mindbuster at all in a séance?
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
A Mindbuster can be used for any kind of work done before the show starts. It can be used for gathering all kinds of information beyond the names of the dead. For instance, having your Uncle Harry describe to you where the participants live and what their homes look like could be an amazing part of the seance.
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
212 Posts

Profile of milesart
I have one for sale PM me
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Labco MindBuster, useful in seance setting? (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL