The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Nox Arcana's Necronomicon Music Soundtrack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Picked this up at the "auction site" the other day... not bad. Some nice creepy music for background...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Here is a link where you can sample a song or two:

http://www.noxarcana.com/necronomicon.html
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Not sure what your auction price was, but I think we still have some of those,Necronomicon CD's along with the carnival of lost souls at the site store
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
Nox Arcana has given me kind permission to use their music in my Magic Act.

For my upcoming Magic Castle gig I am using selections from Grimm Tales and Shadow of the Raven.

You can purchase music directly from http://www.noxarcana.com and they also have most of their CD's available to download on iTunes.
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Yep you can preview the songs on ITunes as well which is really nice! Good stuff. I grabbed one of their CD's from ITunes a while back.

AT
BillyTheSquid
View Profile
Veteran user
My bamboo hut's supported on
331 Posts

Profile of BillyTheSquid
There's a "sister" group of these guys called Midnight Syndicate who produce similar music. From memory, one of the performers has been in both groups.

I'm thinking of using their "Gates of Delirium" as a starter for Luna, especially the first couple of tracks.

Matt
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
Quote:
On 2008-07-14 14:36, BillyTheSquid wrote:
There's a "sister" group of these guys called Midnight Syndicate who produce similar music. From memory, one of the performers has been in both groups.

I'm thinking of using their "Gates of Delirium" as a starter for Luna, especially the first couple of tracks.

Matt

Joseph Vargo was the Talent helping Midnight Syndicate and then formed Nox Arcana, which in my biased opinion is far more superior if you compare the two.

Luna is featured in my Haunted Illusion routine and Joseph Vargo composed and gave me sound fx and music tracks specifically for Luna and the rest of my presentation. The ghostly giggles and distant maniacal laughs with echoes of rapping are perfect.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Coolio... I'm going to do a Luna seance soon.... maniacal laughter is always a bonus... Smile
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
Quote:
On 2008-07-14 20:25, DerZauberer wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-14 14:36, BillyTheSquid wrote:

Matt

Joseph Vargo was the Talent helping Midnight Syndicate and then formed Nox Arcana, which in my biased opinion is far more superior if you compare the two.

Luna is featured in my Haunted Illusion routine and Joseph Vargo composed and gave me sound fx and music tracks specifically for Luna and the rest of my presentation. The ghostly giggles and distant maniacal laughs with echoes of rapping are perfect.

We're all allowed opinions. I'm more in the Ed/Gavin/Midnight Syndicate camp for many reasons, most particularly because Ed has been an incredibly stand-up guy since I've met him and all it takes is a quick email or phone call to make sure that performance rights are secured from Midnight Syndicate. I also use BORN OF THE NIGHT as "thinking" music when I need to work out a routine. It is very strangely soothingly familiar.

That being said, Nox Arcana's dark carnival music is pretty hauntingly surperior to most similar soundtracks. Also, Vargo's artwork is all over my house. Not necessarily on the walls, but definitely present on my bookshelf, in my wardrobe, etc. My cashbox for when I work conventions is even from them!

Chris
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Ok, I have to take my hat off to you folks for turning me on to Nox Arcana--I just listened to their Necronomicon CD and am sooo hooked. Their style fits my own like a blood stained glove--perfect!
Magic in the Shadows
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Heck, I'm glad I posted this - now I can check out Midnight Syndicate and all the rest... and sounds like they are bizarre magi friendly for perf. rights!
BillyTheSquid
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of BillyTheSquid
Carnival of Lost Souls (Nox Arcana) was the first album of this genre I got and has to be my favourite still. I'm sure there is something in there that would work with, say, the Carnie Tarot.

Enjoy Dr Spektor.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Amazing!!!

I know, I say it alot, but I am continuously amazed by the generosity of the collaborators on this forum.

Now I just have to find a music box that matches some of those jingle jangles.

Haunting to say the least...

I just asked my sister what she thought and she said it sounded like a horror movie LMAO.

It definatly inspires the bizarre.

-DerZauberer

Any chance I could get that pass so me and Mescalitoeyes can come and see your show? We are very excited about it - PM me if its cool and I'll send you my address, I'm back in L.A. now.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I hope I never meet Madame Endora.

http://www.noxarcana.com/vr.html?attractions.html

What great storytellers they are.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
BillyTheSquid
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of BillyTheSquid
Madame Endora's Fortune Cards (same artist that does the NA & MS artwork - Vargo) are simply amazing pieces of artwork and the nice thing is that you can do a six way version of Chelman's Arcana with them.

Trouble is that they're no longer produced I believe, so I had to get mine off Fleabay (bnib though).
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
They're still pretty available in the Ohio market.

While we're at it, check out some other friends in haunting music:

George Sabol: http://www.georgesabol.com/

Virgil: http://www.virgilmusic.net/

Hedstorm Studios (Michael Hedstrom a.k.a. "Mr. Keeba" is the composer/artist):

http://www.hedstorm.net/

And a little different, but fun from Gavin of MS:

http://www.parlormuse.com/

I have something from each one of these guys in my collection. They all are pretty cool and performer-friendly with communication.

Chris
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
915 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
This is great but I have a question......
Can I play this music with its associated 'infrasound' frequencies on a standard speaker system.
Becuz most woofers cant play less than 20 Hz.
A sound engineer I met during my work told me that probabaly I would need a 7.1 or a 9.1 or ll.1 type of home theattre system to play this music "effectively"...to give the folks the creepy feeling.
Any outputs would be appreciated.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Ahem,
not to toot the horn overmuch, but DO check our webstore, we do still have some Mdme Endora's in stock, as well as Gothic Tarot, and music.
Oh, and all our decks come with a bag to hold them, the Gothics come with 6 extra open stock cards for you to gaff or whatever.

Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
figneus
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of figneus
I can't believe that I've never heard of either of these bands! Perfect for any act! I think I'll buy "The Dead Matter." It seems to have the most "mystical potential" for my acts.

These fellows are awesome! Thanks again Doc!
ghostgaff
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
106 Posts

Profile of ghostgaff
I personally like both "Nox Arcana" and "Midnight Syndicate". I first heard about the latter about 3 years ago at a Halloween supply store. I got "Gates of Delirium" and it is still my favorite today. I discovered "Nox Arcana" last year by the same means, and I perfer "Nox Arcana" to "Midnight Syndicate" as their songs do not become quite as repetitive. My favorite CD by "Nox Arcana" Would be "Shadow of the Raven". I sometimes just listen to the music to get inspiration for a new trick.
"The prince of darkness is a gentleman"-
"All the world's a stage, and the people merley actors."-
Shakespeare
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Nox Arcana's Necronomicon Music Soundtrack (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL