The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Done with the Café (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
On 2008-07-11 14:20, Lemniscate wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-10 21:58, equivoque wrote:
...Some criticisms are a bit harsh, especially when they are really just a matter of opinion....

So, please tell me, when you can say something "harsh" (in the context used here) when it is not opinion? Seriously. Even the phrase "harsh truth" is opinion because some people will think it isn't harsh.

-Lem

A criticism that is a statement about how someone never delivered on an e-book or another product. If the product was paid for and the seller never delivered, that is not an opinion especially when several other mentalists here had the same experience.

In other cases, the advertising for the product is absolutely false. This is not a matter of opinion. Do you remember a certain "self-levitation"? Since I have not done "magic" in years, I am fascinated with magicians and their the search for the ultimate self levitation. There was one on sale here that was completely unusable and it was bashed heavily until the thread was deleted.

Let me write for the record that I am in favor of harsh criticism and opinions. If you bash a product that others love, they will defend it. If you bash a product and no one defends it, you will save your fellow entertainers some serious. In addition, in most cases, I have no problems with personal attacks either. If someone repeatedly takes money and does not deliver, this is personal issue and the individual in question may deserve to have his or her integrity attacked.

Finally, somethings are posted so many times by so many performers one may question whether or not they are an "opinion." For example, does anyone question whether or not L & L Publishing needs a new audience?

This, however, is just my opinion!
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Doctor Spektor is sure right about the Old Ones, Oyama. I had an unhousebroke minatour after me several times (especially on weekends...like this) and the good Doctor offered me coping skills like a compass in a teardop.

--Tom
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Kevin Cook
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Kevin Cook
I'd agree with that.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2008-07-10 13:25, CAROLINI wrote:
How much money has been saved by reading the various reviews of products in the Café?

Better question...how much money have you WASTED because someone gave a rave review to a friend's product or just because they gave a good review on their product? Scratch, scratch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Done with the Café (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL