We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Wences' head-in-the-box figure (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
610 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
I consider the legendary Spanish vent Senor Wences to be one of the best vents ever! Apart from his "hand" puppet Johnny, I loved his head-in-the-box figure Pedro. Here's a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJiYZ6QIAtY

As tribute to him, I created my own version of the head-in-the-box, which is now listed on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......38278432
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I remember watching Senior Wences on Ed Sullivan as a kid. (Dating myself now...) You did a great job creating the head-in-the-box! Good luck with the auction!
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
610 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Thanks, Tom. Like the few other wood figures I've sold, I initially made this head-in-the-box for myself. But then I thought some other vent out there might be interested to use it.

The box originally is a little bigger (like Wences' box), then I thought of making it smaller--just enough to fit the head. Now it's much lighter, too!
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Do the eyes move????
Would you make one as a grouchy (with more facial expression, bigger brows, looking grouchy) little old man?
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
610 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Originally the eyes moved up and down. But because of the limitations in controlling this type of figure (heads-in-the-box figures don't have control sticks that the typical hard figures have), I decided to make it simple and just move the mouth. But the inside of the wood head would reveal that the eyes can move. And anybody who knows simple mechanical jobs can just add a string/lever at the back to make the eyes move.

Would I make a grouchy little old man? I guess I can if I can find the time. I'm primarily a performer, and figure-making is just a little hobby for me. In fact, I've only created just around 6 wood figures so far. (Wood figures are VERY hard to create/carve!)

Thanks, Chris!
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
610 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Wences' head-in-the-box figure (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL