The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My house was robbed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Came home today and my door was open. I walked in and my house is trashed. It looks like that "It takes a thief" TV show. All the drawers and cupboards were left open and some spill on the floor. My couch was upside down and every single room is crashed.

The took my TV, All my DVD's (About 100 movies and about 30 magic DVD's. Some of which were signed). A lot of my clothes, boxes of odds and ends. My magic close up case with close up props such as trick decks, gimmick coins and other close up props. I imagine they probably looked in and saw the coins so decided to take it. Some antiques that belonged to my grand parents. And who knows what else because the house is so trashed it'll take a while to clean it all up and find everything that's missing. All of it is gone.

They got my old computer that that's no big loss. It didn't even have a hard drive in it when they took it. But I'm glad my laptop and some of my more expensive props where in my car with me.

I really don't know why I'm posting about this in here other then just to vent. Thanks for listening.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
Sorry to hear about the robbery. It certainly leaves one feeling rather helpless. I am glad that you were not there when the invasion took place.

Quote:
Came home today and my door was open. I walked in and my house is trashed.

This is almost always a bad idea. If there are not people inside that you are charged with protecting (ie family) then do not go in and just call the police. Catching burglars in the act can create a violent situation very quickly.

Perhaps this can serve as a warning to others.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Ron

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. Anything you need for work that you cannot replace, I may have it, and can send it to you. I know what you are going through, the violation of your home, and the feelings you are experiencing. We went through a similar thing here, and my daughter's house was robbed just 2 months ago. It can tear you up.

Tony
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Ron;
As Aaron said, at least you did not walk in on whoever did this.

I don't know what you need, but anything I can help with, just shout.

Go to my website at; martinismagic.com and anything on there that you can use, just let me know and it will be in the mail monday morning to you, no charge.

All the Best
Marty
Demon5magic
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Demon5magic
It sucks getting robbed doesn't it? my house got robbed last easter, (it was't nearly as bad as your's) and I think the worst feeling is, most of the stuff....is gonna end up in a dumpster somewhere....
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Steve
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Ron, I am so sorry to hear this! I don't have a lot of close up stuff, but if you need something, and I have it, you are more than welcome to it! My house in Little Rock was broken into back in the fall, and the one who discovered it was my 11 year old. I shudder to think what would have happened if he had walked in while the thieves were still in the house!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Ron, I'm sorry. When I was a kid, our house was burglarized, and I can still remember the feelings.

I hope that the SOB does something stupid (like attempt to fence your stuff locally) and he gets caught.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Ron,

We have been great friends and I hate to see you go through this or anyoine for that matter. I like to think that in times like this, we as magicians and bothers and sisters in magic can come togteher and help each other out. That is why I am sending you over some money today via paypal to you and I will not take no for an answre. You are a friend and I want to help out. I hope the money can help recover some of what you lost. No need to repay me at all. It is my pleasure and my way to help you out.

I hope that others rreading this will also help Ron out as much as you can. Ron has and is a wonderful person and has done so much for the art of magic. If you can even help in any way or sending a few dollars his way, please do so. This way we can help eahc other out in times of great need.

I am not sure Ron wants me to do this, but I feel it is important to help him out. His apypal acount email adrress is as follows:

vcardrise@gmail.com

Use that if you feel you can help Ron with even a little bit of money that may help him get back on his feet again.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks so much everyone. You're right. I am glad no one was there.

And thanks for all the offers. Some of the stuff obviously can't be replaced such as my grand parents antique stuff. Things like the clothes, DVD's and TV all **** me off but I know they are replaceable. Just going to take some time.

Some of the shows I have lined up in the near future are going to be a little harder because of some of the props that got taken. But I'll manage. Can you believe Ron Jaxon doesn't have a flipper coin right now? Smile

Luckily the Abbbott's get together in next month and I'm sure I'll find some of the things I lost there.

Thanks again everyone. It sucks but I'm sure we'll survive.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
You will survive my friend and we as magician borthers and sisters will be out there to help you up and help you back on your feet again. I fele we can all help each other out in great times of need like you are going through right now. So if I can help any further, please just let me know. I hope others reading this will also chimne in and be able to assist Ron as well.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I must have posted my last post at the same time Kyle was posting.

You're too much Kyle. Thank you.

Ron Jaxon

magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Welcome my friend. I hope that it can help you out even a little bit. My pleasure. let us know how we can help.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Ron:

Very sorry to hear of this. I was robbed once, and the feelings of sadness and anger I still remember.

The second time was at night, while my family and I were upstairs sleeping. That one really shook me.

You never quite get over it, I find. Best wishes on the hard task of moving on...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Ron,

I'm really sorry that you were burgled. My wife and I had a similar thing happen when we were first married. And Jim is right. The feelings of anger, sadness, and personal intrusion were surprising. It did teach me that I am a much more materialistic person than I had thought. Anyway, I did learn something about myself from the experience. I wish you well.

My son and I have been fans of 'It Takes a Thief' since the series started. We decided that we needed to do something to protect all of the stuff in our house. (After 30 years of marriage and 2 children, there's quite a bit.) So we installed a medium size safe (bolted to the foundation of the house, cement) and an alarm system. My wife is really happy and has given her some peace of mind, but we both feel much safe now. Isn't that a sad state of affairs? Not that were happy, but that we have to take such measures to ensure our happiness.

In the meantime, my family's thoughts and prayers are with you.

Steven
Coram Deo
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Horrible.
Let me know if I can help also...
Piers. UK
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
That SUCKS! Sorry to hear it man.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Ron,
I’m upset to hear about this, and pleased you did decide to share it on the Café, so people could offer at least emotional support.

Aside from all the loss and mess, it must still be upsetting on a psychological level.

I hope the police were able to find some clues or evidence, it sounds not only like a robbery, but quite malicious, there was not reason to turn over the sofa and for some of the other mess except for being vindictive.

Keep us posted on anything rare, magic props or book wise, some of us may have doubles of some older stuff we can get you.

Best of luck with the shows, I know it will be rough going for a while.

Magically,
Walt
P&L2007
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of P&L2007
I'm very sorry to hear this Ron.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ron has a site with some killer orginal effects. What say we all grab something and help a brother out:

http://www.magicjax.com

Ron can you list the DVD's you had?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My house was robbed (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL