The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » What is the different between Lincoln's Best Boon & The normal boon writer (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I still use this as my go to - and I've tried many - but you really need to try different ones to truly know what works for you
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Lou Is
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Lou Is
Thank you for all of the detailed responses, on a publically accessible forum...
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
326 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
I've tried many, including Lincoln's Best Boon (lost it) and Super Sharpie (I have it and have used it a lot).
The best one (and most stable) by far is Solaris Swami. It's no longer available.
You'll see it listed on shops like Madhatter, but what you'll receive is the "Swami Supreme," which is awful and nothing like the original.

The Supreme is way too big (they'll tell you it's adjustable, but the flanges will overlap completely aroung the back of your thumbnail, and it will still be loose). The holding cup for the Listo lead is way too large, which means the distance from the tip of the lead and the writing surface is a great distance. Your thumb is not close enough to the paper.

I'm very sad that Solaris Swami (the original) is no longer available. I've gone through two over the years, and loved it.
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
326 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2009, magicmonkeyphoto wrote:
Lincoln's Best Boon is way more stable to write with than ALL other NW's

Correction: It's more stable than all other BOON writers. Not all other NWs.
No boon--not the Lincoln or any other--is as stable as a band writer or TT writer.

I used to have and use Lincoln's Best Boon. It was indeed better than any other boon. Lost it (You WILL lose your NW, whichever you end up using).

Then I tried a band writer. Fell in love with the band writer. (Solaris Swami Secure is no longer available, now he makes only Swami Supreme, which is nothing like the original)
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
326 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
In other words, get the Lincoln's Best Boon if must have a boon writer, and are opposed to using a band writer or TT writer. The Lincoln solves the problem that is unique to boon writers.

Otherwise, if you just want a swami writer, and you want stability, then your best best is a TT, band writer, or nail writer.

And when you look at the price of any swami, keep in mind that it's not a one-time price. If you're human, like me, I predict you're gonna lose it. Lost my Lincoln. Another example, even worse...I paid over $500 for the Scan3D, which is a great item and I used it several times. Worked perfectly till I lost it.
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
248 Posts

Profile of Darby
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2018, Brainbu$ter wrote:
In other words, get the Lincoln's Best Boon if must have a boon writer...

For boon writers it depends on the person. There is not a "best". Lincoln makes an exceptional boon, but for me the simple and cheap Vernet boon works MUCH better. The key is to use as little adhesive as possible. Don't use all of the adhesive they provide you, because it will wobble on your thumb. I think that's why a lot of folks initially have issues with boon writers: too much adhesive and it wobbles. I keep mine in a Listermint container for easy access and to keep the adhesive clean.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2018, Darby wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2018, Brainbu$ter wrote:
In other words, get the Lincoln's Best Boon if must have a boon writer...

For boon writers it depends on the person. There is not a "best". Lincoln makes an exceptional boon, but for me the simple and cheap Vernet boon works MUCH better. The key is to use as little adhesive as possible. Don't use all of the adhesive they provide you, because it will wobble on your thumb. I think that's why a lot of folks initially have issues with boon writers: too much adhesive and it wobbles. I keep mine in a Listermint container for easy access and to keep the adhesive clean.

That is a great tip!
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
ValeCavaliero
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ValeCavaliero
Nothing can be compared with the Dr. Crow's BandPick writer
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I just checked and it looks like it's not available atm. I'd like to finally pick one up so hopefully they come back soon Smile If anyone hasn't watched the promo vids on Lincolns site yet I'd highly recommend it. He's so composed smooth it's a breath of fresh air.

-Theodore Annemann
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
I am also interested in this boon writer.
I came here after seeing this review.

Check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2lBSE_D......cReviews
magicmonkeyphoto
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of magicmonkeyphoto
Thanks for the kind words about my boon, and my performances.

A few years ago I decided to stop producing all of my products because it was taking away too much time from my performing business.

Once it was clear that the pandemic was going to prevent me from performing in person, it took a while but I was able to find a company that could produce the parts needed, but I was still going to have to assemble them myself. During the pandemic, the company I was going to work with went out of business. So I'm back at square one, looking for a company to produce parts, and preferably be able to assemble and package the products as well so that I can get them made and still be able to perform full-time.

I'm hoping to put the boon as well as my mid-air linking rubber band effect, and some products that I developed for myself and have been using for years but have yet to release to the public. I just need to work out the manufacturing again.

If you want to know when they will be available, the best thing to do is to sign up for the mailing list at www.Lincolnworld.com/products

It's been years since I sent anything out on that mailing list, but as soon as I have any word on availability, that's the first place I'll be letting people know.

You can also follow me on Instagram and you'll likely get a sneak peek performance of some of the things that will be coming out. Here's a clip of the rubber band effect I was referring to. https://www.instagram.com/p/CF-dEpJHjLg/......68a3mpli

I apologize to anyone who's been waiting for any of my products for a while. Believe me, I'm not happy it has taken so much time and not yielded finished results.

In the meantime, in an attempt to raise the money it's going to cost to produce the next run, I'm considering taking on some new clients for consultation. So feel free to get in touch with me privately if you'd like help working on your perfornces, or need help prototyping your own creations.
http://www.lincolnworld.com/products -- For high end mentalist utility devices, ideas, and props for professionals and serious hobbyists. You can follow me on Instagram @Lincolnworldmagic and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LincolnWorldWatchers
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks so much for the prompt response. I already signed up and look forward to them coming available again. Your performance clips really were a treat to watch. Thx again

-Theodore Annemann
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Thanks, Lincoln!!
I also signed up.
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Signed up as well
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Quote:
On May 14, 2021, magicmonkeyphoto wrote:

A few years ago I decided to stop producing all of my products because it was taking away too much time from my performing business.

Once it was clear that the pandemic was going to prevent me from performing in person, it took a while but I was able to find a company that could produce the parts needed, but I was still going to have to assemble them myself. During the pandemic, the company I was going to work with went out of business. So I'm back at square one, looking for a company to produce parts, and preferably be able to assemble and package the products as well so that I can get them made and still be able to perform full-time.

I'm hoping to put the boon as well as my mid-air linking rubber band effect, and some products that I developed for myself and have been using for years but have yet to release to the public. I just need to work out the manufacturing again.

If you want to know when they will be available, the best thing to do is to sign up for the mailing list at www.Lincolnworld.com/products

It's been years since I sent anything out on that mailing list, but as soon as I have any word on availability, that's the first place I'll be letting people know.

You can also follow me on Instagram and you'll likely get a sneak peek performance of some of the things that will be coming out. Here's a clip of the rubber band effect I was referring to. https://www.instagram.com/p/CF-dEpJHjLg/......68a3mpli

I apologize to anyone who's been waiting for any of my products for a while. Believe me, I'm not happy it has taken so much time and not yielded finished results.

In the meantime, in an attempt to raise the money it's going to cost to produce the next run, I'm considering taking on some new clients for consultation. So feel free to get in touch with me privately if you'd like help working on your perfornces, or need help prototyping your own creations.

Lincoln - So glad to see that you are going to put out some new products and happy that my review has stirred some interest in the community to check out your boon. It's my absolute favorite and almost a daily go to at work.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Unbiased The Definitive ACAAN -The BEST Ungimmicked ACAAN - https://youtu.be/YtAAETDIouA
magicmonkeyphoto
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of magicmonkeyphoto
I'm glad you enjoy it. Thanks for letting people know about it.
http://www.lincolnworld.com/products -- For high end mentalist utility devices, ideas, and props for professionals and serious hobbyists. You can follow me on Instagram @Lincolnworldmagic and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LincolnWorldWatchers
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On May 23, 2021, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
Quote:
On May 14, 2021, magicmonkeyphoto wrote:

Lincoln - So glad to see that you are going to put out some new products and happy that my review has stirred some interest in the community to check out your boon. It's my absolute favorite and almost a daily go to at work.

Must be the most unusual script to watch being written ever Smile

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I have no idea what I was thinking when I posted that...think I was going for Boon humor. My apologies.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » What is the different between Lincoln's Best Boon & The normal boon writer (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL