The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Magic apparatus of old (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of BCS
Hello,
I want to build some reproductions of magic apparatus of old, late 1800’s and early 1900’s. I have books showing the workings and such. What I am hoping for is that any of you might share pictures of your collections. Or if someone knows of a website that might have pictures of tricks of from the time span stated above.
Thanks in advance,
Bruce
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5487 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm a beginner collector myself Bruce, and seek such a site myself. I've yet to find one, but I often go to the KT Magic and Martinka auction sites and look at the photos from the past auctions. You'd be surprised how vast their archives are. The International Magic Auction is another fine site to get lost in. Hope this helps.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
magiquarian
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magiquarian
Sugest you also try http://www.randomta.com
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of BCS
Thank you for the great suggestions.
Bruce
P&L2007
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of P&L2007
Martinka is probably the best place to see a wide range of effects from over the years.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4986 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
LATEST NEWS:

Martinka Magic Auction 39

October 23, 2009

Greetings!

Just a quick email to let you know that Martinka Auction 39 is now underway.

This time through we have gathered a nice assortment of items in all categories. Many lots are being sold without reserve, so if a bid is placed, the item will be sold. The auction will end on November 1st.

Please check in often as we will be adding over 100 more lots over the next week and then some surprise items near the end! Highlights include a very rare Okito set, an automata, an assortment of book tests and items from the newly discovered collection of Prof. Struck, a magician who performed with the Great Herrmann!

As always, you can view the listed items at: http://www.martinka.com/auction

I hope that you enjoy the sale.

Kind Regards,

Ted

Martinka & Co. - "America's Oldest Magic Company"

http://www.martinka.com

201-444-7576
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1786 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Martinka has some nice items, only problem is all items start at a minimum bid of $25.00. I have found items on Ebay equal to the Martinka auction for a lot less money.
However if you are just looking for pictures, check them out!
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Another reason I cherish and keep my old Ron Allesi Magic catalogs from the 80s and 90s. Pic-filled catalogs (albeit b&w) with some of the finest collectable and antique magic props with descriptions. Same goes for my KT Magic and Sun Magic catalogs. A true wealth of information.

Then, along came the internet.

Steve
Magic Researcher
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Magic Researcher
BCS-
Check out the apparatus in Ken Klosterman's "Salon De Magie" for pictures of some of the best.
MR
Repeating a falsehood often and loudly does not make it true.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of BCS
MR… Thanks for tip!

Have a great weekend,
Bruce
martinka
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of martinka
Don't forget the Albo books, they contain a wealth of information on apparatus, especially for the magic builder. Inside you will find color photographs of the apparatus and also drawings explaining the inner workings of the tricks.

We have a few volumes photographed and listed in our currently running auction, here's the link: http://www.martinka.com/auction

Ted
www.martinka.com

"Buying & Selling Magic for over 100 Years"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Magic apparatus of old (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL