The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Jay Sankey's DOWLOAD Sale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jay has a section on his website dedicated just to killer, commercial magic, downloads. And he's having a sale through Wednesday.

And go check out Jay's blog on his webiste. You'll not only learn more about him as a person, but you'll get tips to help with your performances/career.

His July entry is titled "MAKING DOUGH IN RESTAURANTS" and Jay ofefrs his views and tips after working serveral years as the House Magician in many restaurants.

From Jay's announcement:

6 KILLER NEW DOWNLOADS! NOW AVAILABLE AT 20% OFF!

BUT ONLY UNTIL WEDNESDAY JULY 16!

Brand new, wildly commercial magic and mentalist effects available at 20% OFF! But only until WEDNESDAY JULY 16! After that, they go back to their regular prices! Don't miss this chance to learn these effects RIGHT AWAY and SAVE!

OPEN SESAME:DOWNLOAD!
One of the most commercial card effects I've created in years! Extremely easy to do, super visual, instantly resets and ends with the perfect souvenir! What the heck more could you want? And you can perform it with ANY CARD IN THE PACK! OPEN SESAME even features a very fresh gimmick you can make yourself! This hot routine is going to 'magically appear' in the A-lists of magicians all over the world!

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48188

IMMACULATE INCEPTION:DOWNLOAD!
Imagine being able to cause ANY borrowed ring or marked coin to appear inside ANY soda or beer can. Now imagine being able to perform the same reputation maker with an empty can or even a FULL AND UNOPENED can. STOP IMAGINING! You can do it NOW! Guaranteed to 'hit em HARD' in the bar, at work, the next house party or in the school Caféteria.

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48187

TRINITY:DOWNLOAD!
The selected card vanishes under test conditions and then reappears trapped between 2 STAPLED cards! This download includes both a BEGINNER and an ADVANCED handling! The beginner handling is insanely easy and looks like REAL MAGIC. The advanced handling really 'turns up the heat' by involving a signed card and being completely impromptu. Two very strong card effects for the REAL WORLD!

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48189

INSTRUMENTAL:DOWNLOAD!
This is exactly the kind of mentalism I love! Super easy, great theatre, and a two phase ending that is 100% insane. Divine the identity of a selected card, and then follow it up with an OUTRAGEOUS divination of a random design the spectator draws on the face of the card with a marker. Sweeeeet!

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48184
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
The server is currently down.

Wah, wah, wah, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think the sale has gotten huge hits and the site slowed up. Keep trying.

Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like the server is back up.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I can get in also. Jay is always right there montioring things.

Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I can get in to view them now.

For people who own a lot of Sankey material you'll probably be able to spot the methods Jay uses quite easily. Some (most) are rehashes or extensions of his old ideas.

This begs the ethical question, do you buy if you use the effects after viewing?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
If I watch a demo and figure it out and then use it, I buy the DVD or effect or download. That's the stand up thing to do. Just think if you released something, what would you want folks to do.

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jay extended the sale:

Response to our new downloads has been absolutely INCREDIBLE!

In fact, over the past 24 hours so many magicians and mentalists have been watching and buying the new SM downloads at 20% OFF that our website has been functioning a little slower than usual.

So to make sure that everyone has a fair chance to take advantage of the sale we have decided to EXTEND THE SALE UNTIL FRIDAY!!

We've also found out that some of our customers are having trouble downloading a few of the larger files with such effects as IMMACULATE INCEPTION, OPEN SESAME and TRINITY.

To make sure that ALL of our customers have equal access to these brand new, mind-blowing routines (no matter what their 'computer situation') we have re-compressed the video explanations and posted easier-to-download files!

So if you already purchased one of these larger files and had any trouble, you shouldn't have any trouble NOW.

Thanks again to all of you for making this downloads sale such a HUGE SUCCESS!

Long live real magic,
Jay

http://www.sankeymagic.com

Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-07-15 16:37, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Jay extended the sale:

...and his bank balance ;-)
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
Any reviews on any of the downloads?
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
The advanced handling of Trinity looks quite nice
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Looks good to me. Sankey is where a lot of us started. Gotta support.
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
This seems like purely a BEGINNERS site.
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2008-07-26 23:01, CardWiz wrote:
This seems like purely a BEGINNERS site.

I think there's something here about the level of skill needed for the techniques to do these effects and a lot of the Sankey stuff is labelled "beginner" because you won't have had to spend years of knucklebusting to learn sometimes obscure techniques.

Don't think that should put anybody off the tricks on sale though because , with the right presentation, any decent trick, no matter how simple to perform , can have a massive impact.

I still think that lately some of Sankeys stuff is tat but I'd never criticise him for simplicity of execution. Too many people think making something hard to do signifies a good trick whereas I find the opposite.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Many of his methods may be very simplistic, but you've got to give the guy respect for having one of the most creative minds in magic.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
>This seems like purely a BEGINNERS site.

So ? Some Catweazle with 33 posts calls himself a veteran ?

Frans
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2008-07-27 17:30, fvdbeek wrote:
>This seems like purely a BEGINNERS site.

So ? Some Catweazle with 33 posts calls himself a veteran ?

Frans

Ah so the number of posts on the Magic Café shows how much of a veteran you are does it..
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
No, but it is an indication. The point is that I can't stand people who look down at beginners-magic like Catweazl does.

Frans
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-07-28 06:29, fvdbeek wrote:
No, but it is an indication. The point is that I can't stand people who look down at beginners-magic like Catweazl does.

Frans

Agreed! Let's learn from each other with humanity... Cheers!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Jay Sankey's DOWLOAD Sale (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL