The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cody Fisher's The $200 Card Trick! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I see on Cody Fisher's website he has a new effect out called The $200 Card Trick!
http://www.professionalmiracles.com/products.htm

The site says it's schedule for late July delivery. I've ordered dirct from Cody before and he ships fast ( he's in Austin, Texas ). We can pre-order now ( will always pre-order direct from the creators to show support ).

I've also been a huge fan of Cody's work for years and most folks know him from his DVD Cody Fisher On Magic, Bet Your Bucks ( his bill in lemon rotuine),
Impossible Signed Card To Any Wallet, etc.

Cody is a full time Porfessional Magician and the magic that he releases comes direct from his working set.

He was also a Café guest of honor in April 2007 and I think he spent more time with us than anyone has before. He also called allot of us on the phone that had performing questions, etc. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......=233&251

Here's the description for the $200 Card Trick:

What makes a GREAT stand up, parlor, or stage trick? Well it must have instant audience appeal or an emotional hook like gambling or money. It must be easy to understand, and it usually has some sort of KICKER ending that the audience did not see coming! Introducing Cody Fisher’s $200 CARD TRICK!

What the audience sees:

The magician introduces a boxed deck of cards with two $100 bills rubber banded to it. The performer announces that if the trick fails, a member of the audience will go home $200 richer! This $200 prediction deck is given to a trustworthy volunteer to hold onto.

Next, the magician begins to throw foam bricks into the audience in order to choose random audience members. Each audience member chooses a different aspect of the card. One person chooses the color (red or black), another chooses the suit, another picture cards or number cards, etc. This is a completely fair process -- NO magician’s choice!

Finally, a card is freely named based on the criteria set forth by the random audience members.

The deck of cards is removed from the box and spread to show that one card out of 52 is facing the opposite direction. Believe it or not, but it is the same card that was freely chosen by the audience! But wait; there may be some members of the audience that “think” the magician merely used “sleight of hand” and just secretly reversed the card when spreading through the deck.

Attention is now brought to the two $100 bills that the volunteer has been holding onto throughout the routine. The volunteer unfolds the two $100 bills and written on the back of one bill is the correct value of the card and on the other bill is the correct suit of the card!

Take your money back as you ask them where they would like you to build the church!

"I sincerely hope that you enjoy this as much as I do." -- Cody S. Fisher

The $200 Card Trick comes complete with everything you will need to perform. You receive a high quality special deck of cards, specially printed U.S. bills, 3 foam bricks, VERY detailed instructions for every possible performing situation you can imagine, certificate of performance rights, and of course, the special gimmick.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-07-13 14:47, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

Finally, a card is freely named based on the criteria set forth by the random audience members.

The deck of cards is removed from the box and spread to show that one card out of 52 is facing the opposite direction. Believe it or not, but it is the same card that was freely chosen by the audience! But wait; there may be some members of the audience that “think” the magician merely used “sleight of hand” and just secretly reversed the card when spreading through the deck.

Attention is now brought to the two $100 bills that the volunteer has been holding onto throughout the routine. The volunteer unfolds the two $100 bills and written on the back of one bill is the correct value of the card and on the other bill is the correct suit of the card!

Thanks Chris.

The $200 Card Trick seems to have great potential. Looks like the principle could be applied to other (similar) mentalism effects as well. My opinion is based on the final (highlighted) KICKER ending.

This one is on my tentative want list.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ustaad, when I went to Cody's site and was reading it and then got to the kicker ending, I thought this is going to be a killer effect. Anyone that has used an I.D. for a group where each person chooses a color, etc. knows how powerful it can be.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
For the moment it only comes in US dollars though. I wish the gimmick was capable of being modified to any currency because this sounds great
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
This sounds incredible - Can't wait for more info on this! No magicians choice...me wanty.

Adam
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Takeachance,

Hocus Pocus is the mfg. and distributor of this product. We will have a Euro version available of the $200 Card as well very soon. Thank you for your interest.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
How about Australian dollars Paul! I'll give you a call mate
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-07-13 22:40, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Ustaad, when I went to Cody's site and was reading it and then got to the kicker ending, I thought this is going to be a killer effect. Anyone that has used an I.D. for a group where each person chooses a color, etc. knows how powerful it can be.

Yes Chris, it’s the strong kicker ending that forced me to put it on my want list. One can understand using an ID for the first phase. But the one that puzzles me most is the second phase of the effect - the two currency notes. The ad says:-

”Attention is now brought to the two $100 bills that the volunteer has been holding onto throughout the routine. The volunteer unfolds the two $100 bills and written on the back of one bill is the correct value of the card and on the other bill is the correct suit of the card!”

I wonder if the gimmick could be modified/ made in ones own currency (DIY)?

An answerer the above question would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
This looks real good and from the description it sounds like you could also do this close-up to a big table!!

But the only down side is that it looks like us Brits don’t have a chance at been able to do this with our notes? Unless you can make the gimmick up your self?

Tom.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
If you are good with photoshop you will be able to make it yourself in your own currency
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-07-14 11:05, Christopher Williams wrote:
If you are good with photoshop you will be able to make it yourself in your own currency

GREAT!!

Thank you so much!

Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
So if we buy the US or Euro version and can use photoshop we can adapted the supplied gimmick to any currency?
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hey Paul.
How about Canadian currency?
TrickyRicky
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
I'd really like to hear a review but if it's Cody it must be pretty good
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

Just an update on the $200 Card Trick. These should ship out on Friday August 1 as promised and right on schedule. Thank you all for your interest in this effect.For those of you who have already placed your order, I know you'll be very pleased with the finished product.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
What's the difficulty level? What sleights are required?
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello tgplano,

There is nothing difficult at all. This is easy to perform.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Could this be used in a close-up situation with some modifications?
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Ditto on the 'Canuck Buck' (Canadian currency) request!
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Would this be possible to make up in uk notes??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cody Fisher's The $200 Card Trick! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL