The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Ring 50 announces talent line up for Magi-Whirl 2009 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Dear Friends It is with Great Honor that we announce the Talent Line up fro Magi-whirl 2009 here in Washington DC. This ring 50 sponsored event will be April 17th and 18th here in our Nation's Capitol.
The talent/lecturers is as follows:
Paul Green
Bruce Kalver
Jeff McBride
see our webpage for more details
http://www.magi-whirl.com
Mike Taggert
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Register early for Magi-Whirl and SAVE. More information about Magi-Whirl is available near the bottom of the Magic Café index in “So Happy Together”. Look for Magi-Whirl 2009, Washington DC.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

I just got off the phone with Justin Miller it looks as if we can get Justin for a secret session. More details to follow.
Mike
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Magi-Whirl was Ring 50's signature convention for many years, but more than a decade ago, the event went dormant. We revived it about six years ago and every year it gets bigger and better. This year is likely to jump it up another quantum leap.

There are three elements that make Magi-Whirl a great event:

1. Strong lectures in a comfortable setting where you can really learn from the outstanding lecturers.

2. Great dealers who are there for the entire session.

3. A top-notch public magic show featuring some of the best in the business. This year's show will be headlined by Jeff McBride.

In addition to the magical attractions, Magi-Whirl is easy to get to, just off the Capital Beltway around Washington DC.,in Alexandria, Va., with plenty of hotels/motels in the vicinity and a wide range of places to eat conveniently located to the conference.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Larry,

McBride alone is worth the registration.

Last year I had a schedule and could not be there. But I'm really looking forward to being back this April for DoveLite Silk. I know this is a great one!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Hey Bob if you get here early, we can go pet my horse.
He "aint much use fer nutin else" or we can have dinner together which ever.
mike
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Mike,

Now that sweetens the deal! You'll have to come see my horse. Bubba is a devout loafer. But anybody with a bucket is a friend. He thinks "work" is a four letter word.

I'm looking forward to Magi-Whirl 2009.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Bob I just got a new bumper sticker " proud owner of a very Beautifull but totaly usless horse"

Plans for Magi-whirl are doing good. ticket sales are open.
Mike
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Gentlemen, hold your horses. Mike, if Houdini can vanish an elephant, maybe McBride can vanish your steed (and the bumper sticker at the same time?).

Glad to hear from Larry that Ring 50 has revitalized Magi-whirl, and thanks to the veteran members for doing so. A fairly new member of IBM 50 (but close to two years now), I am really looking forward to my second Magi-Whirl. While I still haven't presented magic even at a Ring meeting (working up the nerve . . .), I have been fascinated by some amazing lectures - Duane Laflin, Barry Mitchell, Chris Capehart (all this fall).

Folks, perhaps you should move to the mid-Atlantic so you can transfer your IBM ring loyalties to Ring 50 and get to work with people like Larry and Michael, who was president when I joined (although I haven't met his horse). Or at least give us a Whirl in April.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Taking the first big step of performing can be sacry but once its over it is all good!
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
Great line up !
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
One of my favorite facets of Magi-whirl is the Friday night lecture. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn from some of the real workers in magic in a setting that allows you to really see what's going on and spend some time with the pros.

This year's Friday night lecturer is Paul Green, the Magic Castle's 2008 Close-up Magician of the Year.

As someone who performed for several years doing restaurant magic at some Silver Diners in Northern Virginia, I'm particularly interested in seeing Green's work because I used to read his stuff in the Magic Menu.

According to Ring 50's Magi-Whirl website, http://magi-whirl.blogspot.com/ --
Material covered in this 2½ hour-plus lecture will come from his lecture notes as well as his DVDs on the Classic Force; In the Trenches; Live at the Jailhouse; and his newest release, Card Warp Finale.

The Friday night lecture, which starts at 6:30 p.m. usually has fewer people attending than the Saturday lectures, so it's a real opportunity. Also, the dealers' room is open on Friday night.

There are several moderately priced restaurants just a few minutes away from the locale, which is Bishop Ireton High School on Duke Street in Alexandria, Va., so you can grab a quick bite and still make it to the lecture.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

While I cannot "recommend a Specific resteraunt for the event" I will be having lunch at generous Georges along with several of the others from the event. GG is just down the Parking lot (quite literally Down )
Great subs and pizza.
Mike
JC Johns
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD, USA
133 Posts

Profile of JC Johns
Just went to my first Ring 50 meeting last week and had a fun time. Nice group of guys (and a few ladies).

Looking forward to the Magi-whirl. Should be a great learning experience with the lecturers. I'll also be bringing my wife to the Gala Show, it will be interesting to see how she handles me subjecting her to professional magic, vice my magic.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
So if I take the Jeff McBride workshop after the Whirl, does that qualify me then to bragging rights of having been "a student of Jeff McBride's"? Who knows . . . But come to his workshop and Magic Whirl, give it a try, and argue with me a little so we can keep bumping this thread up and get more publicity for this great event.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
This looks like it going to be a good one. I will be dealing this year after family illness caused me to cancel out last year.

If there is anything, you are thinking about getting me to make. Let me know right away and I should be able to have for you at the convention.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

I bought two bouquets from Richard the last time he was here. They are a big hit in my shows. So I know he will have some great things for us.
Mike
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Only 15 days remaining for the discounted registration price for Magi-Whirl 2009. Price increases from $50 to $65 after April 1st. So better hurry. There is a lot going on for your money. Stars like Jeff McBride, Paul Green, Bruce Kalver, Joan Caesar, Bill Warren, Noland Montgomery, and Erich Henning will be performing. Ten dealers in the Dealer room. Go to http://www.Magi-Whirl.Org for more information and to register. Hope to see you there!
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 20:47, hugmagic wrote:
This looks like it going to be a good one. I will be dealing this year after family illness caused me to cancel out last year.

If there is anything, you are thinking about getting me to make. Let me know right away and I should be able to have for you at the convention.

Richard

Richard:

What kinds of things will you be offering this year in your booth? I plan to be there and I always spend way more than I intend to.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I am still trying to figure out what I can have built in time for the convention.

Among a couple of the things I will have are my Aerial Fishing (Stull Bowl), Blooming Rose Bush, and probably the blooming Orange Tree. And various collectibles and smaller items to be determined yet.

If there is something specific, I can try to have it built for the convention. But no promises.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Ring 50 announces talent line up for Magi-Whirl 2009 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL