The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Goshman pinch help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
JTW...yes...less is more....on the GP, as well as CP and others..

Harris
for a lighter touch in coin magic...
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Paul's work on the back clip is DEEP back clip, not Tenkai pinch.

I use teh Scotty York method to get into the back clip, recover by using the reverse of the traditional method... sort of like a back palm recovery but without the first finger involved.
jhereg
View Profile
Regular user
Petaluma California
121 Posts

Profile of jhereg
Quote:
On 2008-07-17 18:05, JTW wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-17 15:06, jhereg wrote:
The hardest part for me is turning my hand around without flashing

It should not be an isolated manipulation (like a front to back palm acquitment with cards...which also should NOT be an isolated movement EVEN if McBride teaches it like that...but I digress). The action of the hand turning around the coin should be part of another action such as turning from right to left. Or done undercover of some other action which directs the spectators away from the movement.

Another tip is to watch the tension in your hand pinching the coin

Ahh. Interesting, I'll work on that.

Thank you.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Quote:
On 2008-07-19 14:21, wsduncan wrote:

I use teh Scotty York method to get into the back clip, recover by using the reverse of the traditional method... sort of like a back palm recovery but without the first finger involved.

True, but the lessons he teaches are valuable for Tenkai pinch as well.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2008-07-19 14:21, wsduncan wrote:

I too use York's method. For me it looks more natural when turning the hand.
I do use the 'over the tips' too but not as often.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
I'm starting to like this pinch because I can (sort of) do it even with huge windows. With the Deep Back Clip there is just no way.

Of course it is going to take me forever to do the Tenkai Pinch without looking like I'm doing a bad Tai Chi routine or like I'm trying to make a very elaborate shadow puppet. But there is hope. I hope.

Great to read that others find the retrieval a bit tough too. When I turn my fist around to retrieve, the coin stands straight out and it is a bit of a stretch to reach it with my thumb. The tossing retrieve I can only do with halves, not smaller coins. Halves however are on the heavy side so they tend to drop out. Gravity is very high this week.

Yes well... nothing to add really, just a thanks for making me not think I am the only one who finds this one tough.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The Goshman Pinch (now called the Tenkai Pinch) can be found in many areas. YOu can find the description and several uses of the Tenkai Pinch in the Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights DVD series (see not only the move but an application in the steal section as well as a spellbound appplication, among others). Also, in the New DVD series from the New York Coin Magic Seminar group on Productions, Vanishes and Penetrations, you can see several routines that are utilizing the Pinch in a novel manner (Bill through Coin, Coins Through the Table, etc.). Might be just what you aqre looking for.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Goshman pinch help (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL