The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Fire Wallets... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
coki_w
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of coki_w
Own the Kaps on Fire wallet. One of the best items I've ever purchased. For around $30, it gets big "looks" almost every day.....
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
I spend too much time among magicians. After sponge balls, playing cards and rubber bands, the fire-wallet seems to be the most seen magic prop.
A pity.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
ShizNick
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of ShizNick
I heard the Heatwave wallet is easier to handle with the card. I heard Kaps was more trickier to deal with, but Heatwave wasn't. I think I'm going to go with Heatwave, even though it is way more expensive than Kaps. Smile
mystic mickey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mystic mickey
I have the standard old fire wallet from Viking and one from Tannen's. Bother are simple lighter wheel design. I use it for a very simple card to wallet. Duplicate card with charred torn corner in wallet. Force card, hold by corner and light it with lighter. It burns until only corner is left which I drop because of heat. I open flaming wallet and there is chosen care with burn corner that matches victim's one.
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
286 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
I found it sometimes difficult when trying to load a card in with the kaps fire wallet... the card seems to get jammed... I tried making th slit a littl bigger, but it still happens... any advice?
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
I personally recommend the Heatwave Wallet. The fire is big and it is VERY easy to load the card in it.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Could somebody please tell me who sells the "Heatwave Wallet"? What site should I go to.?
Thanking you,
Gerard
magicmanx
View Profile
New user
Working in Benidorm Spain
47 Posts

Profile of magicmanx
Are all these wallets flint ignited..or is there one on the market..that lights electronically ??
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
You can buy the Heatwave Wallet from http://www.themagicwarehouse.com
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hi Jon,
The "Heatwave Wallet"...when the wallet is open are the flames on both sides?
Thanking you,
Gerard
JimmyD
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of JimmyD
Solely & Truely the best I have experienced(I am very particular)is the 'Fire Wallet' by Vienna Magic. It will not only light before it is taken out of your back pocket, but it is thin and looks good,has a money clip,can show the wallet open exposing all your money and will hold lighter fluid overnight(not 30 minutes). I know from experience. By the way....Yes, keep it in your back pocket...sit on it. There will be no problems of damaging the solid bradd flint wheel (which is extremely small,solid and sure fire with one finger or thumb).
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Btw, is heatwave wallet a non-palm wallet? any advice is greatly appreciated.
never try, never know
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
I like the Fred kaps style wallet for loading,and Fire.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Well, I found the perfect hip style fire wallet! It's made in England by Sam Jefferies. The fire is on both sides of the wallet! "Flamer" fire wallet! It's beautifuly made and you can't beat the price!
Gerard
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
I own a Kaps on Fire wallet. I love the gimmick but hate the quality of the wallet. Prior to this I used the Vienna Magic fire wallet & loved it. I used it for years as my everyday wallet & replaced it only after it became worn & unsightly but that took years.

I purchase the K on F version not for card to wallet (I use a Mullica for that) but because as an everyday wallet, it held more of the stuff you keep in a wallet.

I am very disapointed in the quality of the Kaps on Fire wallet. While it looks good when you first purchase it, it starts to ugly out really quick. It seems like the leather is actually a tissue thin layer that began to peal off within weeks. I have never had a wallet do that, even wallets that had nothing to do with magic. I guess that is how it can be sold for such a low price.

I recently found a great wallet that will lend itelf to taking the gimmick out of the Kaps & remounting it to the new wallet. I have not had the opportunity to do it yet, but I think that is the answer.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I had many fire wallets...sold each one after buying another. So far I have'nt found a fire wallet that compares to the "Flamer". Trust me it's fantastic!
Gerard
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Anyonw owns the Hot Fire Wallet by JB magic?
I'd like to hear your opinions about it.
Thanks.
Michael
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
Per my previous post, I took the entire gimmick out of the Kaps on Fire wallet & put it into a really good leather wallet. It works just great & it looks so much better than the Kaps on fire wallet. The only change I made is that I put flat rare earth magnets inside the wallet. After it lights & I close it, the works are hidden entirely from sight & it stays closed. The magnets supplied with the K on F wallet were really refrigerator magnets & did not do the job.

I now know how they could supply the wallet for only $40.00. It was really a cheap wallet with lousy magnets. I am so much happier with my conversion.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
'Fire Wallet' by Vienna Magic

Is this one as long lasting as others say? I hear there is suppose to be one coming out called the Volcano Wallet by Café VIP selling for $70 which is suppose to last all night.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Fire Wallets... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL