The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magic on The Radio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
There was a great show on Radio 4 today at 11.30am dedicated to Magic on The Radio. It started with the Piddingtons, featured the brilliant David Berglas and many more. It was superb.

You can Listen Again at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/pip/9qbz7/

David Berglas outlines a number of effects that sounded brilliant including two dartboard effects and a crazy carpentry effect. He has a box with something in it. He gets three volunteers to take part. One saws a piece of wood. The other bangs nails into it and the other drills holes into it. They do so. The box contains a piece of wood the same length, same number of nails and holes. This was 1959!

Enjoy

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Wish I could figure out how to get this. I love Radio Magic!
I have the Piddingtons CD ... It's Great!
Not to derail here, just a side note .....For those of you interested "The Professor" Slim King will be on these Radio Shows in a couple of weeks. Smile

Pangeas World of Weird (Internet) on the 30th
Shadows in the Dark (Internet) on the 31st
and Ghostman and Demon Hunter (Internet TBA)
"The Professor" will also be doing his weekly shows on KLYK since they have supported him from the very beginning.

Hope I can figure out how to get this one. Sounds AWSOME!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
I heard the show. It was phenomenal to listen to the 'pure silence' (show from the seventies) as a presenter watched Uri Geller bend his producer's house key. It was obvious from tjhat silence thet the guy was totally dumbstruck. Great also to hear Uri suggest to him to 'say' what was happening. Later Uri went on to say thet he preferred radion demonstrations to TV because it motivated the listener to use their imagination more.
Great show, although I would have thought Ant would have been listening to hip-hop on Radio 1. He loves that stuff. Drives him wild!

bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
I wish someone would do a Piddingtons-style act again. Mrs Piddington really sounded the part.
Harry Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
128 Posts

Profile of Harry Lucas
Brilliant, thanks Anthony for the link!
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Thanks Anthony.. will have a listen when I get home.

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Thanks too for alerting all to this. Will enjoy listening later.

Neil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magic on The Radio (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL