The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Armadillo (Sponge Balls Routine) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Koudai Iwatou
View Profile
Loyal user
JAPAN,Tokyo
221 Posts

Profile of Koudai Iwatou
Dear all, I'm Broccoli from Japan in Tokyo.

Since I begin to have created the video like that, two years have already passed. Today, I introduce the video that I made in old times. This is the sponge ball trick that I performed it like the stage magic.

In this work, it is different from me of today. There is lacked the graceful and elegance just a little. However, it is short routine, and I think that the visual make you so happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3YrWOMLTzQ
If you enjoy it, I am glad.

Regards.

Broccoli.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Needs a lot of work. You are/were in the WRONG position for lapping...

Thanks for sharing.
Koudai Iwatou
View Profile
Loyal user
JAPAN,Tokyo
221 Posts

Profile of Koudai Iwatou
I'm sorry that you are not made pleased.

But, just my old story. Take it easy.

Broccoli.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I liked it and was fooled for a sec by the last vanish. But I'm pretty much a newbie and get fooled easily! Justin, I respect your opinion. Give us a few more tips about what you would improve. Also, why is it the WRONG position for lapping? Just because with the camera placement it's too obvious?

Thanks for sharing,

Mike
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
It's not the camera. It is the way you should be seated. The only reason I brought it up is because the credits said Slydini. Slydini would not approve that routine. He would NEVER allow you to do a routine of his unless it was EXACTLY like he did it.

With that said... I am not saying Broccoli was doing a Slydini routine. He gave credit for the influence.

There were a couple flashes and the ditches were very obvious. I would suggest slowing down a little and make it more smooth.

Lapping is a fine art and has way too many intricaces (spelt wrong) that can only be learned by years of experience. When the student is ready the teacher will come...

Study Slydini or get The Learning Experience by Rocco. Rocco was/is Slydini's best student. Slydini said so himself, if you watch Rocco perform Slydini stuff, you'll swear Slydini's spirit is coming thru.

I hope this helps. When I give an opinion people like to gang up on me.
Koudai Iwatou
View Profile
Loyal user
JAPAN,Tokyo
221 Posts

Profile of Koudai Iwatou
Thank you for the opinion that serves as a reference. I was knocked down...Please forget this procedure.

I new today will create the improved new video!!

Please assist!!
Tina I
View Profile
Regular user
Oslo/ Norway
194 Posts

Profile of Tina I
I never do any lapping, I perform standing, so I don't know much about the finer points of it. However, I do secretly pick stuff up from my 'prop box' that's standing on the table and a few things I have found to work well is:

1. Motive. This is obvious in my setting. I need a reason for reaching into the box. So I might pull out a silk while the main object is to load something. What I saw in this video was a complete lack of motive to put your hand in your lap.

2. Delay. I always delay producing the freshly acquired object. I do something else first and when I do introduce the palmed object people are unable to connect it with me putting my hand into my box. In the video I think it was quite obvious that you just picked up, say, the tennis ball from your lap.

3. Relocation. If possible I sometimes move the hidden object from one hand to the other prior to production. Especially if I feel the initial steal is a bit too bold.

Well, as I said this might not at all suit neither you nor the general art of lapping... it's just some general thoughts on stealing/ loading objects in plain view.

I liked your routine though and if you find a way to work out the wrinkles it will be superb Smile
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
Man Broccoli, tough crowd, I thought that was fantastic. But I guess if you cant fool a magician into satisfaction, you'll never be able to impress an average spectator.
Koudai Iwatou
View Profile
Loyal user
JAPAN,Tokyo
221 Posts

Profile of Koudai Iwatou
Thank you for the opinion that becomes reference very much.

I'm sorry that it is made to do your sad feelings. It seems to have damaged the mind of you magicians' arts. Please forget the past of me who relied on a foolish method.

Good-bye myself, I was foolish...
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Broccoli,
I hope that you have not become discouraged, you have more guts then most by posting your videos here, which I enjoy watching. Constructive criticism is good. I think your routine would fool most non magicians.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for the video.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Armadillo (Sponge Balls Routine) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL