We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » AGT The James Gang (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
One of the Judges favorites last week on America's Got Talent, was a rap group (using music and costumes from the 20's and 30's) The James Gang, I was doing some reading on the net and a group member also performs magic during their show... so their may be some upcoming rap/magic.

I'm not a fan of rap but I found the musical premiss interesting.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
They did a GREAT job! They're from Harlem and are very unique, original and fun!
You can catch them around the city.
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
That young man in the back of the group "The James Gang" is David Boyd from New York. He is also competing in the stage competition at the combined SAM/ IBM Convention being held this week.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Did they perform "The Bomber", "Funk 49", or "Midnight Man"? Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1152 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
It's cool that a band that's been around such a long time is open to new musical genres such as rap.

maybe with their backing rap will really catch on, and we'll be able to listen to it for ever and ever and EVER .................
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Wrong "James Gang," the group I write of are from the hood, not rednecks from the 70's.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2008-07-29 09:50, x-treem wrote:
Wrong "James Gang," ...

Ya' reckon?!?!?!

I'd bet that most of the world would rather see the "redneck" ones... Smile

Quote:
maybe with their backing rap will really catch on, and we'll be able to listen to it for ever and ever and EVER ...

...or not... Smile

Can you imagine Joe Walsh doing rap? He can hardly talk... Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
This 'James Gang' (calling all lawyers!) isn't as good as some seem to think in my geezer honkified position. I prefer my rap with an edge not a cup of warm milk.
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
Well... Root for us... hopefully we make it far.. lol
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Is AGT one of those shows where gets to vote? If you promis not to diss Brooklyn Technical and answer one question for me I'll root for you. What is a nizzle and if I snizzle it will I be arrested should it be in public?
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hope you guys get voted through again David.

I'm not a rap fan but your music blows me away, just my opinion.

I'm rooting for you and will actually vote this season just to help ya guys out!

Hey where can a guy buy the giant James Gange card, those are sweet?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
David your group is one of the most unique acts I have seen in years of Entertainment! Im a Fan! Keep up the AWESOME work! Good luck with AGT!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Same here. You guys "Rock". Love that period to start with. Hope to see you thru all the way. Good luck.

John
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I voted for you guys last night, David. You guys should make the top 5 tonight.

Being a fan of old time radio shows I love the period as well. To quote one of your songs: They've reached back and made something old out of something new.

Also download their EP Big Daddys Wit Canes (there are explicit lyrics)
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
The Houdini Room at The Casa de Cool
1596 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Stay true to your vision! I get it and would hire you guys for any show I produce!
Swing hard, swing often, and we'll catch ya on the Flip-Side!
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
My son has been going on and on about you guys all day, You know who I like? James Gang! Do you know who should win? James Gang! aaalllll day.

I made a edited version of your EP for him and he has been listening to it over and over since Tuesday. Even if you guys don't go on you've got a fan base, young and old.

Take Care
JoshuaMichael
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of JoshuaMichael
You guys are the best.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
It was a bummer to see you guys go! I voted for you. I performed all over Harlem, (shout out 135th & Lenox) midtown and WSP in the village. You and my boys the Calypso Tumblers (from last year) should have gone way further. Too hip for the room. We get it because we're cosmopolitan hip…

Keep rockin'
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Bummer guys! Sorry you did not make it there is always next year Smile
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I thought the concept was great. As much as I hate to agree with Piers, however, I think the vocals cost you on the last show.

I do think you are future headline material, though!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » AGT The James Gang (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL