The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Dallas and Co. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I just wanted to get on here and mention how great a time I had last night at the SAM magic meeting at Andy Dallas's Magic Shop in Champaign, IL. I've been in town on business for a couple of weeks and knew there was a magic shop in town. I walked in as a total stranger and Andy treated me so nicely. He invited my to the local magic club meeting and to dinner beforehand. After the meeting a couple of us guys stuck around until after midnight to session.

When I went to leave, I wanted to purchase the latest copy of MAGIC magazine, but didn't have any cash. I asked if he still had his credit card machine still running. He said it was down for the night. I told him how nice it was to meet him and prepared to leave, but he stopped me and asked me what I wanted to buy. I told him and he just handed it to me. "Just take it," he said. "It's on me."

I know it wasn't an expensive item, but Andy didn't owe me anything. He also knew I wasn't from around town, so it's not like I'm always going to be in his shop buying stuff. It was a genuine act of kindness that I won't ever forget. Andy doesn't know I'm posting this or anything, but I thought I should let others know about his shop in case they are ever in town.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Andrew
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Andrew
Caleb,

I'm not suprised at all at the treatment you recieved from Andy.
It's just typical of him to be generous in this way.

Wish I could have been at the meeting...I've missed quite a few due to my work load.

Thanks for taking the time to make note of Andy's generosity and I hope you'll stop in again sometime if you're in the area.

andrew
Andrew
Professional Provider of Wonderment!
www.andrewsfamilymagic.com
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Oops I missed it again..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Dallas and Co. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL