The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Winter Control (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
aron
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of aron
Hey guys,

Long time since ive been here. Good to be back.
I wanted to update you guys with a new release of mine ( is this the right forum to post this in ? ).
About two years ago I created a move, which is now known as the Winter Control.
Check it out on my site and drop me a comment. I'd love to hear how you guys think about this thing.

Cheers,
Aron
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
A color change done as a switch? What will you crazy kids think of next?
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Pretty smooth, but seems a bit overkill for a control. Looks like it would be great for a color change though
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
Good, but it looks like you are "doing something", even if most people would not know what.

If you wouldn't normally insert a card into the deck in that manner, why would you do it? To make the trick work? That's never the right answer.
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
The good news is you are thinking...the bad news is, it is a very bad handling of an old method of controlling a card. after you turn over the double insert the top card into the deck. your palming is obvious and unnecessary, my suggestion is to get some basic card magic books.

dug
Deckless Wonder
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
It's definitely cool but I also think it looks like you're 'doing something'. Honestly, it didn't occur to me that you could just turn the double FD and put the top card in the deck until Dug mentioned it. I was too focused on the actual move that I didn't even think about it. If you have to do a DL, why not just turn it over and place it in the middle of the deck? Seems a little unnecessary to go through all that palming. However, it does look nice and is worth the learn. It would be great to show magicians. Thanks a lot for sharing.

James
SilentScReaM
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of SilentScReaM
One of my friend told me:Any color change can be a control,and vice versa.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2008-07-21 01:47, SilentScReaM wrote:
One of my friend told me:Any color change can be a control,and vice versa.

And look good? No.

Work efficiently? Also, no.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Yeah, something to show your fellow magicians at a convention ("Hey guys , look what I came up with the other day! Ain't it cool?), but not to be used in a public performance if you're trying to convey the idea of a card being clearly lost in the middle of the deck.
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
aron
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of aron
Hey Guys,

Thanks for your comments. Ive been doing this control for two years now, and fooled a lot of people with it... When I was performing for magicians and layman. This thing is great for when people are looking at your hands, I've never been caught doing it.

Im looking forward to more feedback on this thing!
Thanks!
Aron
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2008-07-21 06:42, aron wrote:
Hey Guys,

Thanks for your comments. Ive been doing this control for two years now, and fooled a lot of people with it... When I was performing for magicians and layman. This thing is great for when people are looking at your hands, I've never been caught doing it.

Thanks!
Aron
http://www.aronprinsproductions.com

Not going to criticize you for attempting to create or make variations etc, but all I would like, is an explanation, or reason as to why the need for an extra move, when you could, as said before, just flip the double face down and insert the indifferent card into the centre...what was your thoughts and reasonings behind this control?

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Hmmm......maybe to make it into a dvd and market it for $15-$25. That would be my guess. I hope I am wrong though!

AT
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
Tim Sutton AIMC, London UK
461 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
The first half looks good - for me the fatal flaw is the palm replacement, which looks like exactly what it is. What is the motivation for this part of the move?

Tim
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2008-07-21 06:42, aron wrote:
Hey Guys,

Thanks!
Aron
http://www.aronprinsproductions.com

You've never been caught?

Then, excuse the hubris, you haven't done it enough.

But that's cool bro- keep playing and experimenting.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I can only agree with what was said before: It looks like you are doing "something". For me the move is not interesting, because I want my card magic moves to look as natural as possible.

Carsten
Optimists have more fun.....
uri
View Profile
New user
Israel
95 Posts

Profile of uri
Check out Vernon's "Rising Sun" sequence.
Performed by Denis Behr here: http://www.cip.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~d......ing2.WMV
aron
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of aron
Hey guys,

What my motivation is? Ive shown this to a lot of people, and it has been published before in my notes ''Sleightly Cheatable''. A lot of people have been asking for it, since they liked it.
Note that this is a subtlety to use in your ambitious card routine ( as I'm explaining in the explanation video ).

My thoughts on why I'm doing this: I think its a nice and clean way to show your spectator that the card ''really'' goes in the center of the deck. that's how ive always been using it and it always got great reactions.

AT: Your wrong Smile

Looking forward to more comments!
Cheers,
Aron
k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
Its a nice idea Aron .. but I would rather use an "ego slip" control to make it look like the selection is really going in the center.
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
It just seems like a move you're proud of and wanted to share.

There's a world of difference between that and a well thought out move. Not only do you look like you're doing something, you're using a very unnatural way of inserting the card back in the deck. On top of it all, this seems to give you no advantage over simply flipping the D face down and inserting the top card cleanly in the deck.

I'm sure you've fooled people with it, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't have fooled them and looked more natural doing it with standard moves.

To me it's pretty simple; there is no apparent advantage in using this move, it looks like a move, and the justifications you give for using it apply just as well to more straightfoward moves. It's nice to come up with something "new", but in this case it doesn't seem to improve an ACR. Maybe you'll come up with other applications in the future.
aron
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of aron
Splice,
I sure am proud of the move, and I hope people like it.
that's why I'm doing all this Smile
Cheers,
Aron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Winter Control (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL