The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Come-Back Lines To The Ordinary Questions... and the unthinkable (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
cdelah
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of cdelah
If someone catches me I would say "so you figured out what I did but I bet you wont figure out this trick. Then show them your best trick.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
All I can contribute to this discussion is a situation that happened recently where I'd done a trick which was of the choose-lose-find a card variety, and I'd successfully (and hopefully amazingly) found the selected card. I was asked "How did you do that?", and I said (tongue in cheek) "Well, I've done that particular trick 51 times previously and failed every time, and I was counting on the law of averages helping me out eventually". It got a laugh so it worked for me.
Retchin
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Retchin
A few years ago, I was doing the Ambitious Card Routine for a young boy, around 8, and he asked how I did it. I told him that if he went home and sat in his bed, put a card in the middle of a deck, snap his fingers, and wish really hard, it would come true. If it didn't work, he had to wish harder.
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
I think we should remember that we do not have to fill our performances with words. Often a smile, a bow of the head, a hand gesture of "thanks" or silence are good responses. Many people don't know how to respond to magic so I put these comments in the category of compliments. Perhaps "thank you" is all we need to say
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
Spec: How did you do that?
Foreva Infiniti: You wouldnt believe me if I told you
Spec: Try me!
Infiniti: Numbers And Colors
Spec: ?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=42&7 for a betta understanding
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
How did you do that?

I sold my soul to the devil. I'm a recruiter now. Would like to go to hell?
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
DominotheGreat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DominotheGreat
Yea I just love the line: Its magic!!!
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Any ideas for a line to use when a spectator drops a deck of cards that's been "set up" a certain way? (I always carry a spare, in case of such moments)
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
How did you do that?

Glad you like it. That was pretty magical, wasn't it?

Wait until you see the NEXT one..

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
Dai Hard
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Dai Hard
(Can you make ME disappear?) You'd have to reappear at my house and it really freaks the cat out.
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
369 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 21:05, Rocketeer wrote:
How did you do that?

I sold my soul to the devil. I'm a recruiter now. Would like to go to hell?

That is so funny! That line wouldn't work for me but I love it.
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2009, Steve_Mollett wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-04-09 12:26, Jason Wethington wrote:
Or a good answer for any situation is
"Who am I?! Who are you?! What am I doing here?! Then start swatting imaginary bugs. They won't ask you anymore questions. Smile
Jason

A variant:
"If you want to know the truth (lean in confidentially), I think Oswald had an accomplice when he shot Kennedy."

This almost sounds like a line I heard on "Big Bang Theory," Sheldon knows a secret (Penny never finished Community College) but is sworn not to tell (which is driving him crazy!) After Sheldon has been doped by Howard to shut him up, ("I drank milk that tasted funny.") Leonard tries to get the secret, Sheldon leans in confidentially and says; "Mom smokes in the car! Jesus is OK with it, but we can't tell Dad!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
70 years performing magic...50 years as a full time pro., and, I have NEVER worked streets. (If you're a good magician, you can actually get booked and, get PAID for presenting your act.) I'm certainly not the world's greatest magician, but, I worked all over the USA, and I was never at liberty. Managers called me, to ask when I was available.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
AnthonyCC
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of AnthonyCC
How did you do that??

*Staring in a serious way*

When I was a kid I was bitten by a Wizard.

*They start to laugh*

I've been cursed with these powers ever since!
Khalid
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Khalid
If I'm asked how I did it I tell them it's they mystic frog
Mind Circus
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
127 Posts

Profile of Mind Circus
In a closeup mentalism context I'll reply, "I'll let you in on a little secret, but there needs to be a small offering of $1". Then, I will "teach" them how to find an ESP card, etc using a pendulum. After, I'll do a serial number divination of the bill they lent me before returning it.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
"How did you do that?" I don't know, I blacked out... was it at least good?
KarpeNoktem
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of KarpeNoktem
I like to actually give a plausible explanation ala Derren Brown to get rid of what he calls "how did you do that?" moments

or "well I'll tell you what it WASN'T"

or set this premise up beforehand IMHO
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2011, gabelson wrote:
Any ideas for a line to use when a spectator drops a deck of cards that's been "set up" a certain way? (I always carry a spare, in case of such moments)

Ladies and gentleman, that is our floor show!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Come-Back Lines To The Ordinary Questions... and the unthinkable (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL