The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Patrick Redford thing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8SWrsYVeqI&feature=user

Mentalists, anyone know if this sequence is published? it's a lot of fun, and I'm particularly interested in learning the 'work' behind the variation demonstrated at 3.20

it's just it would work beautifully with a routine I'm currently perfecting involving transitional states.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Why don't you ask the man himself? He is often seen sat sipping a coffee in the Café!
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
The effect is called 'Dyslexia' I think. . . and looks like it may be released in one of Patricks upcoming publications 'Vicissitude'

http://www.magic-by-george.com/store/vicissitude.php

Paul
Lumas
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
202 Posts

Profile of Lumas
I have eagerly been awaiting 'Vicissitude'. It has been in the works for a long time now. I am hoping it comes out one day soon. Patrick is really, really clever with ambigrams.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Actually on the Howard Stern radio show last year Gary ( Baba Booey ) stated he had an IQ of 136 so a listener called in to test him.

Well he kept saying MACHINE as MAC-HINE misspronouncing it again and again. For months after on the show they were calling him MAC--HINE.

This very funny clip might be available somewhere on the net.

Great to see this will be available as a whole routine from Mr. Redford.
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
I've also been waiting for the Vicissitude book to come out for a while now. When can we expect it Patrick? The Dyslexia thing has my brain fried.

Tim
piefke666
View Profile
New user
germany
83 Posts

Profile of piefke666
Quote:
On 2008-07-21 17:26, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Actually on the Howard Stern radio show last year Gary ( Baba Booey ) stated he had an IQ of 136 so a listener called in to test him.

Well he kept saying MACHINE as MAC-HINE misspronouncing it again and again. For months after on the show they were calling him MAC--HINE.

This very funny clip might be available somewhere on the net.

Great to see this will be available as a whole routine from Mr. Redford.

Found something:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=bs6efxR7GjE
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=xYSmId8Tnls
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
Quote:
On 2008-07-21 23:05, tincture wrote:
I've also been waiting for the Vicissitude book to come out for a while now. When can we expect it Patrick? The Dyslexia thing has my brain fried.

Tim

well I believe his next release is Heptagon which deals with telephone mentalism, so it'll probably be a couple of months until that comes out and then awhile until his next release unless he decides to dump a bunch of stuff on us at once.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:

Tim

It is out now.
vai
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of vai
Quote:
On 2008-07-23 02:43, Candin wrote:
Quote:

Tim

It is out now.

Not according to Patrick's website. Perhaps you could be thinking of his recent release "Glemme" ?
Check out my releases at http://stores.lulu.com/mentalism
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Hey there.

While parts of the Vicissitude Ambigram project have seen print in other places, the entire project has not yet found it's way into the general magic populous. There are a few reasons for this:

1. The material kept growing so the project was delayed
2. Life keeps getting in the way
3. I just suffered a recent computer crash and lost quite a bit of the project that was due out.

I have no idea when the project will come out but you can find parts of it in lecture notes and now small bits seeing print in other publications. This does not mean the project won't be out, it just means it might be a while before it does come out.

As for the Dyslexia routine...I'm pleased you've enjoyed it.

-Patrick
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Patrick,

I just checked out a few clips. I really like the Dyslexia and Lego routines; very nice.

Regards,

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Patrick Redford thing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL