The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best shredder for snow animator (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
One year ago, I bought a small shredder paper to cut the paper to Snowstorm. I tried to found an easy solution, but it was so bad! Maybe the Kevin's recommended shredder paper is ok, but I'd like to see for myself.

Paulo
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Hey Dan,

Thanks for the kind words!
I have a lot of fun at the FCM convention and hope to be back this year.
I really believe that the Snowstorm - done right - is the best pack small, play big illusion on the planet. Thus, this is why I still perform it.

I do remember you, not as well as I'd like to, but I do remember meeting up at the Steak & Shake. There were a few others there, as well, if I recall.

I hope that no matter where I am and no matter how big I get that I will always have time to talk with others, as I want other magicians to grow and move forward and be inspired by what I do. I am so glad to hear that you have moved forward and are doing magic full time. Praise the Lord!

If you ever need anything or have a question, do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a great day, and if you are doing the Snowstorm, go with Seo Magic!

Later,
sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Mike McEathron
View Profile
Regular user
Peterborough Ontario Canada
164 Posts

Profile of Mike McEathron
I can tell you that the shredder that Kevin James uses, the Achiever 5000, is a great tool. It cuts perfect Snowstorm paper...many people are unaware that the snow loads Kevin James uses are the size of a soft ball...They are huge. You could put about 20 to 25 of the pre-made loads in one of his...I know this because I have a Snow Animator VI, and I have the video of Kevin James showing how to make these snow loads........

Cheers,

Mike
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
The Achiever 5000 is almost impossible to find now, though....everywhere seems to be out of stock.

Anyone else recommend any other shredder??
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
743 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
I just bought one on Amazon last week for $186.00, and it was brand new... works perfect, I might add...

Shawn
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I take it you are referring to the ACHIEVER?

I've looked everywhere, including Amazon - no luck....if someone has a link to one where they are not out of stock and currently available, please let me know via PM.

Thanks.
Mike McEathron
View Profile
Regular user
Peterborough Ontario Canada
164 Posts

Profile of Mike McEathron
Any shredder with a cut size of: 1/25" x 1/4" will work

Cheers
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-07-24 07:15, Johnny_Dee wrote:
You can also contact Kevin James and ask him. He told me the exact name few years ago but I don't remember. The shredder is pretty expensive.

Johnny

I disagree. $199 is not very expensive for a professional quality shredder. Some cost as much as $1500.

This one comes close, but it's only #1,299.00.
http://www.factory-express.com/papershre......=froogle
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I found one locally that I have yet to buy...wanted some input first....do you think that 4mm x 14mm is too small....essentially if you were to take one little snow flake from the tablets that you can buy, and cut it in half (the long way) that would be the size....

Any thoughts??

Thanks.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
With this money we can get a lot of snowstorm packages.Is a Big investment just for one magician. The shredder more papper and the preparation of the snowstorm loads...

Paulo
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Wow...I just bought a shredder and used it over the weekend...the snow load I made was probably equal to 10 of the tablets....a shredder is definetely worth it...I had magicians who attended my show asking me how I made so much snow....dont waste your money on packs, this was a great investment! And honestly....I made KJ jumbo snow loads (10 of them) and it took me about 1.5 hours to do everything....totally worth it. Now that I know how now, it will be even quicker.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Wish shredder did you buy? Any link?

Paulo
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Very cool! I too am anxious to hear what machine you found.

Thanks!
Dan.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
I make a search in Google by: "Confetti Cut Heavy Duty Shredder", and there is a lot with this name.

Paulo
dfield
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of dfield
I actually cut my snow storm packets by hand!! Takes a little longer but worth it. They flutter exactly how I like them and I get the shapes I want. I mix my own with the Indian ones as I find those are the best.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best shredder for snow animator (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL