The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Indian Cups and Balls Video (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of maharajademagia
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 20:11, Gary Kosnitzky wrote:
I noticed 64 is a recurring number in Sanskrit literature, so is 128.

The two numbers are 64 and 108, the first one in the Tantric tradition and the latter in the Vaishnava tradition. But if they say there are 64 moves the surely must have existed. The whole trouble about Indian magic is excess of secrecy; which is killing the art and in process a lot of techniques and tricks have been lost. I hope the culture of Magic shops like in the USA and Europe arrives in India as well.
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-11-07 04:16, Stellan wrote:
By the way, Sherifmayika, I have two questions for you. The first is if there is a chance to see Indian street magic in Delhi? The second is if you know of any Indian magic words like "hocus pocus"?

The best place to see some street magicians is near the Red Fort in Old Delhi or near the Qutub in Delhi. If you can spend some time out you should try and reash Kathputli Colony. It is almost a slum but here is where all the street magicians live, including Ishammuddin who discovered the first part of Indian Rope Trick. If you can and is still alive try and catch hold of Chand Baba. He is good and knows a lot of traditional tricks.

The most popular Magic Word equivalent of Abracadabra in Hindi is "Chu Mantar". A lot of street magicinas also use words like "Churlu" in the north. It does not mean anything. Just a nonsense word like Hosuc Focus. In Calcutta they say "Jai Kali" refering to the Black Goddess of the Occult Kali.
sherifmayika
View Profile
New user
Cochin, Kerala
96 Posts

Profile of sherifmayika
Finally a cool video from Shankar Junior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DMviA0gbO8
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-10-06 15:08, Dougini wrote:
Thanks for that link, Neil!
Plus, if you are looking for a very classy, wooden set of Indian Cups, this site has them marked down from $80 to $10! I just bought them, and I'm so glad I did! What a find! (It's the cups only, balls are not included) Check 'em out:

http://magic4less.com/Merchant5/merchant......ode=CLUP

They're probably not going to last long, so I'd hurry!

Doug

Following this suggestion I ordered this set of Cups and Balls and the result has been a disaster.
I placed the order on your website Magic 4 Less 6 july 2011. They received the money on the same day. But nothing happened.
On 15th July I wrote another mail but no reply. I again wrote another mail on 12th August and on 14th I got a reply from Robert Bowden saying that he would look into this. Again nothing happened. I wrote another mail on 25th August and still not reply came. I called
Again I wrote to you on 12 August. You replied on that you will have this check on 14 August.

As I did not get your reply, on 25th August I wrote again. But no reply. Finally today I called the number which figures on the web page (801) 651-1982. An answering machine poped up, "saying please leave your phone number and we would get back to you". Immediately another message poped up saying, "The Mail box for this number is full.". So I could not even leave a message. It is unfortunate and I think very unprofessional. Finally today I filed a complaint with Paypal that I should get my refund. I don't think this is going to happen so I have lost USD 50 approx. I have been duped. So be careful. If someone knows Robert Bowden and can help me I would be thankful.
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Gary Kosnitzky
You have to submit a claim with Paypal within 45 days of your purchase.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-08-30 19:53, Gary Kosnitzky wrote:
You have to submit a claim with Paypal within 45 days of your purchase.

You are right but since he replied back to me saying that he would look into it once he is back I gave a fellow magician some more time and that was my mistake it seems.
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

OK. Here is your next course of action if you want satisfaction.

http://www.consumerprotection.utah.gov/complaints/index.html

It is a Utah area code.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

At the same time file a complaint with the IFCC.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Gary Kosnitzky I will give it a try.
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-11-12 13:36, El Mystico wrote:
Nanu was referred to earlier in the thread; I've just seen his performance of the cups and balls; it was lovely.

Where do you see him perform can you give some more information please.
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

I PM'ed you.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
magicswan
View Profile
Loyal user
springfield,ma
253 Posts

Profile of magicswan
What about the meir yedid cups for$75?
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-12-11 09:24, magicswan wrote:
What about the meir yedid cups for $75?

It really doesn't matter what kind of cups you get if your not going
to perform in the traditional style.

In order to perform in the traditional style you need
an authentic traditional style hindu cup.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
magicswan
View Profile
Loyal user
springfield,ma
253 Posts

Profile of magicswan
Well ,thats the plan.To sit and study the work and add it to my act.I can sit indian style so I'm good. But since reading the wall and not investing in morresey cups,I thought the Meir cups looked nice..but if they won't get the job done.
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

I have seen a lot of nice looking Ping Pong paddles.
Maybe I wil buy one to play golf with.

Afterall they are real nice looking and you can hit a ball with them.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

As an afterthought I will sell these Ping Pong paddles to everyone that doesn't know
about how golf really works and tell them that these paddles are real nice looking and are used to play golf.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
Magic Researcher
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Magic Researcher
Some people might be interested in golf rules and swings but not in playing golf just as some might be interested in the Historic Indian Cups routine and moves but not interested in doing the original routine. Perhaps some are interested in developing their own original routine utilizing Western moves as well as Eastern moves in a stand up situation using whatever they want for cups. There is nothing wrong with that.
MR
Repeating a falsehood often and loudly does not make it true.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Yes
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Interesting thread, indeed! So, where do things stand now?

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Smile
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Indian Cups and Balls Video (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL