The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » How would mentalism when busking fare? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snm
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of snm
I'm primarily a mentalist and I have become very interested in busking. So, my question for all you guys is... how would mentalism fare when busking? Thanks in advance.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
2 come to mind emediatly to ask;

whit haydin, who actually has a busking book on it.

and

jesse stickley who sometimes works maryland. he uses don drivers bally and does a book tests and some other mentalist stuff as a show.

in my opinion it's really tuff to get a proper edge and hold them because the street is COLOR, SOUND, MOVEMENT, AND BREAKING THE CEILING. mentalism is happenning in the mind but if you can add enough theater interesting activity and props I could see it work.......i have seen it work.

another suggestion would to maybe as a finaly move morf or magic something with your mind as a visual impossibility.

believe it or not I have captivate a massive crowd with the haunted key, later I made it bigger by getting a jailers ring with a bunch of keys and handed them all out and my crowd would make them move....whe it was done right you would hear a bunch of keys dropping and ladys screaming........color sound movement and breaking the ceiling.

if your just gonna mind read I would suggest you use your audience in activitys that look interesting to the passers by enough to come over and crowd up.

my friend franko would force a card or use a si stebbins and read their mind instantly to stop some people, then he would begin a small routine to put an edge together.

tuff gig good luck.

I've always wanted to try out the tossed out deck I think that play huge, gazzo has one on the market for the street.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » How would mentalism when busking fare? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL