The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My New Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robin Z
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Robin Z
In the last few weeks I've been busy building myself a table. I wanted something, portable, sturdy, good-looking and still relatively inexpensive. After many trips to the Bauhaus (Swiss equivalent of a Home Depot) it's finally done. The tabletop is covered, the legs are cut and screwed together, the wood is stained and I've lost my only excuse to stay at home instead of going out and actually busking.

This table was my first attempt at carpentry, however I must say I'm actually incredibly happy with it. All of it was built by me, with the amazingly generous help of my father.

The table-top is 80cm by 40cm and the height of the table is about 93cm.

B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Looks great.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Looks nice. Good luck.
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
You did an excellent job.
It's very satisfying to build these types of things yourself.
And you're right, you have no excuse for staying home now.
Go get'em.
So sorry I soiled your precious eyes.
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
Robin,

It looks good. That is something to be proud of.

Break a leg,

Tony
...the magic that creates Memories!
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I would think you'd need stops around the edges because the table is rarely totally flat - especially outside - and any balls, wands, etc. can easily roll off. You can some hardwood picture frame, miter them, and tack it onto the sides for finished edges..........
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Your table looks pretty good man. I built mine as a 2'x2' top with an edge. I have not covered it yet. However I think I will pad it and cover it with pleather or something. What did you use to cover the top?
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Great table, Robin. Congrats!

G
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
Robin Z
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Robin Z
Quote:
On 2008-07-29 20:37, Robert Kohler wrote:
I would think you'd need stops around the edges because the table is rarely totally flat - especially outside - and any balls, wands, etc. can easily roll off. You can some hardwood picture frame, miter them, and tack it onto the sides for finished edges..........

Good idea, I had actually planned to put up some edges, but never got around to doing it.

Quote:
On 2008-07-29 23:27, Brian Proctor wrote:
Your table looks pretty good man. I built mine as a 2'x2' top with an edge. I have not covered it yet. However I think I will pad it and cover it with pleather or something. What did you use to cover the top?

I'm actually not sure, I went to a material store and just looked around until I found something. It looks and feels similar to velvet.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My New Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL