The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Old Photos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emeline
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of emeline
Hi all.

I like to collect old photos especially the vernacular ones.
Do you know web sites or blogs which deal with old photos ?

Emeline
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Are you looking for old photos in general or ones that are magic-related?
emeline
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of emeline
Hi Agent61.

I'm looking for ones that are magic-related.

Emeline
MagicOzzy
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
118 Posts

Profile of MagicOzzy
Martinka has them occasionally
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Try the Library of Congress website, specifically their Photography/Print section. If you use their search function you can find many pictures and magic posters if you're into that sort of thing. Most photos you can't download because of copyright (although there are some) but they are available for purchase.

If you like collecting images of historical magic posters there are a great many (if not all) that you can download. Most are available in Hi-rez .TIFF format so they are great for printing. Hope this helps!

http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/catalog.html

take care!

James
emeline
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of emeline
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 03:12, agent61 wrote:
Try the Library of Congress website, specifically their Photography/Print section. If you use their search function you can find many pictures and magic posters if you're into that sort of thing. Most photos you can't download because of copyright (although there are some) but they are available for purchase.

If you like collecting images of historical magic posters there are a great many (if not all) that you can download. Most are available in Hi-rez .TIFF format so they are great for printing. Hope this helps!

http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/catalog.html

take care!

James

Hi James.

Thank you for your help.
I've found a lot of photos and posters of the Houdinis; Beatrice and Harry. The library of Congress owns a huge database! The web site is quite interesting!

Thanks, again.
Emeline
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
You're welcome Emeline.
I've spent a fair amount of time looking through their database, there's lots to see!
MagicOzzy
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
118 Posts

Profile of MagicOzzy
Has anybody ordered from them, and how difficult is it, what is the quality.

Thanks for the info
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
These links work for me here, but not the other thread. The signature is just to identify the picture, it's not signed by Howard. The page you reminds of one from his programs. It may be just a page from a program.

Two nice pices.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Quote:
On 2008-08-29 22:56, Kevin Connolly wrote:
These links work for me here, but not the other thread. The signature is just to identify the picture, it's not signed by Howard. The page you reminds of one from his programs. It may be just a page from a program.

Two nice pieces.

Yea, I know the signature is not his, seeing as the ink is colored. I just meant it had his name on it.

The other page is his program, 4 pages, and is from his show at the Grand Opera House in Cincinnati in 1929.

The main thing I like about this set is the fact that the photo is the same one used in the program. Its really a nice set to have together. Any recommendations on the best way to display them? Also, value?

Thanks
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
I would say the pair between would sell for $200-$300. To frame them together would make for a large piece. My guesstimate is $75.00 - $90.00 to have it double matted and framed.

FYI Colored ink really wouldn't be a clue. Houdini, Hardeen and others used other colors than blue or black to sign.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Wow, very cool.

Thanks for the info, and suggestion for framing.

Gotta love the Café!
martinka
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of martinka
A collector has consigned a large collection of vintage magic photographs here. These will be offered in the next few Martinka auctions.

Is there a certain performer you are looking for ?
www.martinka.com

"Buying & Selling Magic for over 100 Years"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Old Photos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL