The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stuck in Time by Tom Yurasits: Any review? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
It was first released a good number of years ago and is not just a regular egg timer that's been adapted. The glass for the egg timers looks like it would need to be specially produced by a glass company for the trick. It wouldn't be cost effective for them to just produce a few - it's a custom made glass shape that would need to be ordered in significant quantities to make it worthwhile.

My guess is that he had a large quantity of the egg timers made when it was first released and the stock lasted many years until they were sold out. It could more than ten years since the last batch were made. If so, the cost of having them produced would have risen significantly.
JL608
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of JL608
Kozmic kettle is correct. Tom had a difficult time finding some of the necessary parts when his first run had sold out. It's a very time consuming process as there's some precision work involved in assembling these.

Tom's a good friend of mine. Having disclosed that, I can honestly say this is a very strong routine. I believe it was priced too low when first sold, considering the quality of the props supplied. I'm glad it's finally available again.

And check out his new Impossible CD Prediction which is fantastic!

Joe
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks for these precisions gentlemen.

I was interested in purchasing it, but the $100 leap (70% augmentation!) really make me thinking. I do trust you though, the routine looke really neat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stuck in Time by Tom Yurasits: Any review? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL