The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Binaural Beat Technology Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1815 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I don't know too much about this, and was hoping someone could chime in since little comes up in a search.

I know these are used in therapy, with headphones, but can they be used in a stage performance if you use stereo with speakers on either side? If so, what Hz would you recommend?

I thought this may be nice for use in the background during the pre-induction and induction .. .?

Ok, time to call me stupid and tell me why!
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
You are stupid. LOL just teasing, I use binuaral beats in my induction music. Does it make a difference, probly not, but its a carryover from my clinical work where I always use them. I do notice that I tend to keep almost all my volunteers always, but is that my skills, my luck, the power of the venue, my personality, my binaural beats?? IDK
I use theta level beats in my embedded sound files. The prevailing wisdom is that the channels need to be separated for binaural beats to have effect, however, it is really a vibrational file (all sound is) and so I think the idea that headphones are required can be debated.
All-in-all, I think it would give very little edge, but I use them anyway.

Richard
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1815 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Thanks, I guess you would be the one to know!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6123 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Binaural beats don't really work without headphones. The reason being you need two different tones in each ear.

However there are other types that supposedly do.

Monaural beats and isochronic tones work by switching on and off tones or pulses. These definately can be used through speakers.

And having tried them on myself they do work.

These are "brain entrainment" methods they synchronise the brain waves of the listner.
briandavidphillips
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of briandavidphillips
Ditto. The binaural effect requires isolated stereo listening. If you use stereo speakers you will have a partial effect but it is mostly lost as the signal is not isolated (you can still hear some of the left speaker with the right ear, for instance). The options MP mentions would be better. However, you might get some slight effect with speakers (but not full effect and so it isn't worth the extra effort). I have used it, but I was going for a very odd mix embedded into the background effects of a hypnotic seance which included some odd windstorm, rain, and wolf howls in the background - the entrainment sequence was not a typical soothing relaxation bit.

All the best,
Brian
Hypnosis DVD Courses
http://www.briandavidphillips.com

Brian David Phillips brian@briandavidphillips.com
Hypnotist, Trance Wizard, Intuitionist
Keelung, Taiwan
http://www.briandavidphillips.com
HypnoScriptoHottie
View Profile
New user
USA
33 Posts

Profile of HypnoScriptoHottie
Hmmm I must just be super sensative I guess, because you can put a theta cd in any stereo, and I start dropping almost instantly - It's like I can actually FEEL the change taking place in my brain and it adjusts, and my eyes become quite heavy. Throw a delta on and I'm off to a nice deep sleep very quickly. And if you switch up and down and up and down, I'll start feeling sick.

Just me I guess.
My bestest friends always said I weird...
;)
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
I think with these cd's it takes a few minutes before the brain starts firing theta waves so not sure if they would be super useful for rapid induction.
What MP said I have heard verified elsewhere also.
A Theta metranome also works
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Binaural Beat Technology Music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL