The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Week in Colon, Michigan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
467 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Here is a great article about magic week in the BattleCreek Enquirer this morning - gives you a little insight

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/artic......gic+city
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20507 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Al,

I'm getting ready now too! See you there.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Even the card guys are going to like the new dropper. It will take a whole deck.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I'll see you Thursday Bob.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
123TJS321
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of 123TJS321
See you guys there
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'll be there. Be sure to come say hello.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
My bags are packed, my tank is full, and I will be in Colon Mi. after dinner Wednesday night. Look for me either at the FAB magic shop, or at Curly's bar.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I am leaving by plane in the morning.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Magic Gil
View Profile
New user
Niagara Falls
3 Posts

Profile of Magic Gil
I arrived yesterday afternoon, I'll be around for sure here and there

Gil
Michigan Magician
View Profile
New user
Lansing, Michigan
8 Posts

Profile of Michigan Magician
Does anyone know what the dealers showroom hours will be on Thursday?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20507 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Al,

I was told you were here but I missed you. Please try again.

Tonight, I am the MC. So chow time will be strange! But let's go together if we can.

Bob

PS --- Ian may be here by then too
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
klf1964
View Profile
New user
Northern Indiana
24 Posts

Profile of klf1964
I suspect this is a long shot and I hope it's in the correct area. I was only able to be at Magic Week on Wednesday and won't be able to get back. There was a guy with a booth set up along Dallas St. on the right side as you're headed to the high school. I think at the time I was there it was the first booth you came to. He was selling some very nice hand made props including a "rubber" ducky prediction, a rose petal to egg trick and a trick with a wooden box where a metal washer appears to penetrate a metal spike. This isn't a commercial for him or anything. But I was real interested in a couple of his tricks but when I went back later in the day he had closed his booth already. I think he was from Illinois (however I may have that confused with one of the other vendors I spoke with). Does this ring a bell with anyone else who is attending this year? I'm still interested in getting a couple of his tricks and would love to get some contact info or a web site for him if anyone has it. Thanks
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Dan Ford
danford@btc-skynet.net

If you want his address and phone pm me
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
klf1964
View Profile
New user
Northern Indiana
24 Posts

Profile of klf1964
I just love this place! Thanks magicgettogether
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
467 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Working on 4 1/2 hours sleep - but this is magic week. Roger Bus made it last night Smile - did a great job as well as everyone else who contributed to the late, late show...packed 'em in on Thursday.... Bob Sanders ably emceed the event. Business at record levels... what recession??? Everyone is having a great time... not too late for you folks who want to come down, up or over !

www.fabmagic.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thanks Rick! I had a blast last night. My unexpected schedule blew me up this week, but I will be driving back to Colon by 3PM today. Also will be there all day tomorrow. Really had fun at FAB yesterday, what a great bunch. A lot of pretty rare stuff programs and other materials for sale at FAB. I also thought the Abbott's show last night was very high quality- very entertaining- with real pros and a nice variety of different acts: excellent comedy, silks, bird productions, styles, etc.. Fired up!
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
467 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Glad you are enjoying it Roger! It is the people that make this event so special. We have so many people to thank for what has turned out to be a record year for us. Th open nite mic was a huge success as well as the 5th annual auction last nite.....finally pushed everyone out at 2:00 am. The busking was great also...of course anytime you try something for the first time you find bugs that need to be worked out and changes will need to be made to 'tweak' it but overall the response from the crowd was fantastic and it brought many newcomers to Colon. Okay...back to work (with additional coffee) Smile

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
467 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Thanks to all for a record breaking event! Our sales were way up and so was attendance. Every show - EVERY show at the FAB Theater was SRO - If you didn't come you missed a heck you va party...It was so much fun...wait til you see what is in store for next year!!! Some surprises already booked!!!!!

www.fabmagic.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5737 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I had a great time! Next year, I'll have to see about bringing a few auction items.

The bad part is that Curly's only had one drinkable beer - Bell's Oberon. $5 a bottle - yikes! I guess I'll be drinking Bacardi and Cokes, next year.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
467 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
The busking competition was loads of fun and it brought many new families and tourists into Colon for the first time - it was great.
Nick Wyscinski won first place with $500.00
John Sturk 2nd place - $300.00
Jania Taylor 3rd place - $150.00

We'll do it again next year! Bigger and better! - thanks to all that participated

www.fabmagic.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Rick is right the town was full of tourists, and the buskers all got great hats as well as the awards from the FAB competition.

PS- Nick Wyscinski was great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Week in Colon, Michigan (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL