The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Did Criss Survive?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Pretty much all events have super screens these days. I used to work for a company that rented out LED screens, and you'd be surprised at the kind of events we used to do. It seems as though the method of Criss' stunt relied on watching it on the screen anyway, which I presume is the reason it was there.

-- Topher
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17647 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You are correct Topher ... And most people see through it these days Smile
(At least the ones in Clearwater)
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
vj022
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of vj022
Ok, here's how I would do it:

Set up would be in an abandoned building in North Carolina. While a camera is on, nonstop, start locked in a safe, right before going into the safe, turn on an MP3 playing some classical music, have guards put chains around the safe. Have the video show that the magician doesn't get out of the safe when the building implodes, and then have the magician appear under some fabric placed on a big piece of metal on top of some wooden horses.

Sense the sarcasm???
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I think it was a CD player back then. I can still remember David's long, slender fingers pressing play.

He always had the best magic on TV, no one could touch him. Kind of makes Criss look like a kid with a VHS Camcorder.

Steve
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Today they call them I-pods :O)

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
vj022
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of vj022
CD Player? With how old David is, we're lucky it wasn't Vivaldi himself playing there.

Just kidding.

I mentioned earlier how I would have played it out. Start it off as an escape gone wrong, turn it into a rescue of the girl, police lieutenant, the chopper and himself.

I'll be totally honest, I'm not a big Criss Angel fan (more into the stage illusion) but I'll take any magic I can get my eyes on.
magicaldj1
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, Wisconsin
122 Posts

Profile of magicaldj1
I think it would have been interesting to have the helicopter land somewhere and then come to find out Criss had somehow magically appeared in the helicopter. Although if I remember correctly, DC did something simmilar to that as well in the Escape from Alcatraz special.
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Here's an interesting question...

After viewing the escape and several relating videos on Youtube, where does the future of television magic stand?

Now, I was not impressed by the performance and even less impressed by the method of reveal at the end, but honestly, even Copperfield would get ripped to shreds by exposure videos and debunkers on Youtube if he did something like that again on TV (as good as his was).

So really, where is the appeal in doing something like that on television where people have it on recording to view as many times as the want in order to try and figure out the secret? Also, Youtube provides the ability for many minds to work on the same problem and something you might not have noticed will be readily pointed out by someone that did making the next video even that much more destructive.

So in light of that, where does television magic stand?

Even though David Copperfield, Franz Harary, Lance Burton and others could make a much more entertaining spectacle, there isn't anything to protect their videos from on-line exposure anymore than Criss Angel's is there?
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Quote:
On 2008-08-02 08:18, reynold wrote:

Also, I guess he wanted to be different and did not want it to look like David's version, which also included camera trickery.

In conclusion he did what he had to do.

Thanks,
Reynold

Please explain the "camera trickery".
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
492 Posts

Profile of reynold
I will send a PM
Thanks,
Reynold
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I'll put in a positive....

At least Magic is still on TV....

That's all I got....

DC did it better, imo....
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Was it actually an escape? He did not actually escape.
so he failed?

What's this latest thing I heard about him dying in a car crash?

I don't watch the show regularly but was trying to find a video and all I was able to find was female fans saying things like "OMG this sux criss I luv you so much plz let me know you r ok!"

Is there a video of this stunt anyone is aware of?
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Anyone know of a video of his "Death?" I still cant find one.

this is harder then finding the recently banned SNL Skit of W and the bailout and Palin!
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Have you heard about the "Nailin' Paylin" video coming out soon??

Do a quick search and you'll see what I'm talking about, not that I'm into that sort of thing ...

Steve
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Glad Criss didn't fall off the Luxor:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-XKeSsh6......quality/
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3636 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Criss is alive and well. I met him last Wednesday at the Monte Carlo Hotel, where he went to see Lance's show. He's really a pretty nice guy - I think his arrogant "in your face" Mindfreak persona is just the character he plays.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Did Criss Survive?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL