The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Big fat liars! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I am currently putting together a study to find out which profession are the best liars! (not the biggest, or the worst, or the most unethical but the BEST!)

http://honestconman.blogspot.com/2008/07......ime.html for more information.

Which profession do you think are the best at lying?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Politician
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2008-07-31 03:39, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Politician

Hands down, politicians!

Lyndel
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Things that come to mind for me from myown experience, are car salesman, insurance salesman, lawyers, ...
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
It's been the most requested by far with 3/4 of people putting politicians top of the list!

Any other professions you'd like to test?
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Prostitutes & Strippers.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Lol
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
I think Psychics, Clairvoyants & Mediums should come on top of the list.

I good liar needs to have a very good memory.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Commissioned Salesmen by far. Politicians don't lie as much as they pander so that you like them.
Lawyers don't lie as much as they exploit emotion over reason.
POOF!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Politicians LIE through their teeth...if their lips are moving they are lieing...they are pandering they are twisting reality to fit thier staying employed...they are the lowest of the low...they are not the BEST liers...they are the MOST liers...the best liers are Actors.

Not all sale folks are crooked Kregg. I was a commisioned salesman and so was my Wife...both successful at it for many years. I NEVER lied to get a sale. 1st rule. Do not lie. Sorry Kregg, you lie, you LOSE a customer...lose a customer because you lied, your an idiot.

I had a very simple formula...#1. Don't lie. #2. Dispell Misconceptions. #3. Ask for the deal.

#2 calls for Knowledge not creativity. Commisioned salespeople who 'Chase' the deal rarely succeeed.

Politicians are a foul bunch who exist on lieing (and pandering) which is why Term Limits are so important...remove the impetus.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Lying takes not only a good memory but education as well (thanks, Twain).

Suprised no one's mentioned contractors yet, so I'll do it. ("Two more weeks, maybe three. Coupla grand, tops.")

If we know or suspect that the groups mentioned are liars, are they really that good at lying? If their "tells" outweigh their words, they're not doing it right, it seems to me.

I would hope Magicians are the best liars.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Ninety nine percent of the Journalists employed by the major television news networks: CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and their cohorts the Washington Politicians, then the pharmaceutical companies.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2436 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Magicians!

Every penny we make is predicated on "I have here an ordinary silk handkerchief and a regular deck of cards."

Times about 10 per show, times number of shows.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Clergy.

No doubt in my mind.

They've been lying since day two.

On day one they (collectively) might have actually talked to their god(s) -I'm willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt... But, ever since then, they've been the most dishonest, deceptive and destructive forces within the human experience.

The most honest ones of the bunch don't even know they are lying, they just repeat and believe the lies they've been told.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Gaddy, I'm glad you're omniscient so that you can know, without a doubt, that all religion is just a crock. Thank you for sharing your infallible insights with us.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-07-31 14:16, airship wrote:
Gaddy, I'm glad you're omniscient so that you can know, without a doubt, that all religion is just a crock. Thank you for sharing your infallible insights with us.

You're reading a lot more into what I said than what I actually said. I do concede a "day one" in my OPINION... This thread is about opinions, right? Just checking...

I suppose I wouldn't have rocked the boat with my opinion if I would have said basketball players are the most dishonest, but that's not what I believe to be the case.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I can tell you from direct experience that Hollywood agents should be at or near the top of that list, followed by Hollywood producers.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yeah...Hollywood Agents, just Politicians in training. But yeah they do suck.

I refuse to admit I agree once again with Gaddy....I refuse...grrr.

But at least I think the Clergy have other's welfare in mind for the most part, and it's a means to a happier ending for their adopted flocks.

Politicians only have their own self interest and welfare to them is just a power base to exploit.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Politicians (actually the Government in general)
Agents...I'm not sure which level of Dante's hell they're from but sometimes I wish they would go back!

I would also agree with Gaddy, clergy (I don't think they count though because they don't realize they are lying...well maybe the ones at the Vati...oops I digressed)

Used Car Salesman
Lawyers (never mine)
Insurance companies (never mine)
Psychiatrist (The do have couches in their offices...people lie down for them all the time!)
Is 'husband' considered a job ("Honey what do you think of this outfit...?")
Cable Companies
Phone Companies
AOL (I don't use them anymore but man o man have I heard the horror stories!)
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
While it would be interesting to test, I'm not sure that clergy would be good liars. Even if we assume that religion is all a pack of lies, the people who practice it tend to believe it (making them more delusional then deceptive).

Under the pressure of having to knowingly lie, I think they might crack!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Big fat liars! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL