The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Scorpion ( Outlaw) on a plane or ship? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Hello,

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had any issues carrying their Scorpion on a plane or ship - through security or checkin...?

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2008-08-01 04:48, Piers wrote:
Hello,

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had any issues carrying their Scorpion on a plane or ship - through security or checkin...?

Piers.

I would ship or mail the Scorpion. If you walk through an airport security checkin with it, you may miss your flight Smile.

I've never had to, but I have customers that will pre-ship the scorpion to another destination where they are performing.

Check in baggage is scanned also so it would be best with such an ominous looking device not to take any chances.

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
I've taken it in checked baggage before (European flights) wrapped in tissue paper in the box. No problem. As I've mentioned in a previous thread, I've taken swords many times in checked baggage and never had it questioned.

The Scorpion would almost definitely be confiscated if you had it in hand baggage.
billm55
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
144 Posts

Profile of billm55
If you want to make sure the scorpion gets to your dsetination, ship it. If it gets noticed, chances are it will not go any further. Ship it.
Bill Mogolov
The Mental Magic of M
dOconnor
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of dOconnor
If you're going to be putting things in the checked baggage it's a good idea to leave them loose (in other words, don't tape it up inside a wad of bubble wrap). My brother juggles torches and whenever we fly his kerosene-scented, dynamite stick-looking objects are taken out of the bags somewhere along the way and inspected. They're returned, of course, but always inspected. Keep your Scorpion accessible and if possible include a little note explaining that it is a prop.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Scorpion ( Outlaw) on a plane or ship? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL