The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Flash mindreader (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gary Alford
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gary Alford
I found the following program on the net and am truly amazed:

http://mr-31238.mr.valuehost.co.uk/assets/Flash/psychic.swf

The *** thing reads my mind every single time! Different symbol every time!
I've always guessed the method in other similar things - there was one with similar symbols in lists of 10 I seem to recall.
This is different however and unless I'm missing something very obvious I cannot work it out!!
Someone help, please?
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Enjoy that feeling, Gary.

This has already been covered a couple of times in this forum. Check out:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
the_great_stupido
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of the_great_stupido
I'm sorry to tell you - you're missing something very obvious Smile . Do it again and note down the results you come up with - notice a pattern?
Gary Alford
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gary Alford
The link mentioned is a different effect, which I worked out straight away. That one involved scrolling down a list of symbols; and a 9 force. This uses the same force, but there is no other interaction. And a different symbol each time.
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
I don't see the difference, Gary. Maybe I'm missing something; but in my eyes, this is the same thing as the one you solved directly.
Daniel.
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
Gary Alford
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gary Alford
Doh!
Just got it.
Stef
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Stef
Thanks for letting me know about the new internet site. It's something different to look at other than: "Choose a card; and poof! I've removed it."

Smile
Life is a throw of the die.
Mentally yours.
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
I was pretty fooled when I first tried it out. I had do do it about ten times before I realized how it worked. If you use that principle and print a big card you could do this for a live audience and everyone would end up with the same image in mind. Similar to some of the effects Maven has done for television. Smile
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
jo
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of jo
Hi London,

I've also asked a question relating to this. Search for 'Psychic Mind Reader'.

I have made this into a portable effect with different sheets for multiple predictions/mind reading, or repeats; with a bonus effect included. I wouldn't go with one big sheet for an entire audience though, as the chances of them 'figuring it out' increases ten-fold.
But on second thought, you could get away with it if your presentational misdirection is strong enough. Give it lots of thought though.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Regards,
Jo Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Flash mindreader (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL