The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Robot Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nick13245
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of nick13245
Hey Guys,

I'm a magician that's also an engineer. I've been thinking about building a robot that can do magic tricks. Any ideas on a trick that a robot could perform ? I can use sensors such as ultrasonic (measures distance to a surface or object), light (measure intensity of light or determine color of something), touch sensors, and sound (using microphone). It would have to be something that is almost self working, but I really want the robot to perform the trick almost all on it's own (I could also make it speak!). Any ideas? Thanks,

Nick
Chase P.
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Chase P.
You could do something simple like a change bag or you could do a cool card on cieling
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
You really need self working tricks for this robot idea.

I can think of a few and hope they are helpful to you .... dove pan, coffee vase, candle to flowers using a metal tube, square circle for production items, flower bouquet from tube. All of them are self working.
MagicMatthews
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
174 Posts

Profile of MagicMatthews
Will the robot be taking the place of the main performer? This sounds weired. Or will you be on stage with it as an assistant? What about programming the robot to scan the remaining 51 cards in the deck to determine which card was taken? Or better still, some simple slight of claw. You could have huge load spaces in the arm instead of a tiny flesh coloured TT. No, maybe it could do a cut & restored computer cable, and while it's cutting the cable, sparks start flying and the robot goes crazy!! Could be very entertaining ... for 5 minutes maybe.
Don't get even... Get odd!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Robot Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL