The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magiccave (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
733 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Anyone ever used this London based shop...I really wanted a Himber Twist wallet and ordered from them LAST WEEK, heard nothing emailed the and called them no answer, really shocking!!

Anyone had this before?

Ash
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I have found them to be really unreliable too. They are the ones who have released tricks with names referring to drugs. I'd steer clear in future if I were you. Stick to the more reputable sealers like Davenports and International Magic in London.
Tjernobyl
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
120 Posts

Profile of Tjernobyl
I actually pre-ordered the product Crystal Method from Magiccave before the release. Then when it came out that the product, didn't live up to its advertising, I immediately sent a support form, stating that I wanted to withdraw my order. I even sent a pm to Lee Hathaway (the co-owner of magiccave) here on the café. In both cases I got no answer. Today, A month later I sit with a product I paid for, but will never use, because of false advertising.

I live in Denmark, so I can't really go to their stationary shop in London to claim a refund.

Maybe their next product will be a new revolutionary vanish, no thumbtip, no pulls, Completely hands-off. Let them examine everything, because there is nothing. Just a pure disappearance of YOUR money!

Tjernobyl
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I feel for you guys.

MagicCave better respond here or their reputation is kaput.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Tj.....hate to get into this but.....what was false advertised with CM?
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
733 Posts

Wow, at least its not just me!!

There phone ring out and the is no answer machine either, I have never known this, this is why custermer sevice like alakazam is so important. On thursday at 430pm I spoke to Peter Nardi as I needed a couple of items for a gig on friday low and behole Friday morning they were at my door!

compare that with magiccave, Tuesday placed my order itsnow Monday and still no Himber Twist wallet, emails sent none replied to!

Now do I order off another company and risk being charged twice or do I sit and wait!

If for some reason they read this thread please email me so at least I can cancel my order!

ok well I really am not the type of person to moan but as you can tell this has got my back up!!

Ash Turner
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
As much of a %*^&$ this may be, I say wait for it. My friend ordered Crystal Method a month ago and just got it this week. It seems they aren't ontop of customer care and shipping speed :S
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
733 Posts

Its simply just not good enough, all they have to do is pop down to the post office and send me what I have paid for, or at least log on to the internet and send me an email!!

Its amazingly bad service, I can barely believe it!

I just want my money back

my advice to everyone - Stay away from magiccave!!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1684 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I've always found MagicCave to be top notch and never had a problem with any of there services. They are still my favorate supplier and I will continue to use them!

JamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Lee_Hathaway
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Lee_Hathaway
Mr Turner,

You actually placed your order no: 100000088 last Thursday, not Tuesday as you state, furthermore you have not actually paid anything as we do not debit cards until the day of despatch so there is no money to give back to you. We are a smaller company with a retail stall in London's famous Covent Garden from which we have hundreds of regular and happy customers.

We generally aim to fulfill internet orders within 3 to 7 days and I don't think this is an unreasonable turnaround time. Your wallet was due for despatch today as I had to get it from Lee Thompson who makes them. Anyhow, I imagine you'd prefer not to continue with the order so I shall cancel it. Your card has not been debited. It's true you can't please all the people all the time but I think to be on here sounding off 3 working days after placing your order is unreasonable to say the least.

Tjernobyl - my apologies I do not appear to have received your cancellation request. We changed our e-commerce engine around the time of your order and there was a problem with e-mail at this time. Anyhow, I have given you a full refund via Paypal and you're welcome to keep the trick with our compliments.

I'd like to add that it was clearly stated for any orders of Crystal Method that it was a pre-order to be despatched when the effect was available. Some people seem to have failed to understand this.

Magiccave is run by myself and my business partner Neil Henry, who is a busy actor. We are not a large company like Alakazam who have huge stock holding available for next day despatch but nor do we purport to be either from our place in Covent Garden or on our site. We both have other work commitments outside of the day to day running of the stand and the website. Myself and Neil have a good relationship with people like Peter Nardi, Wayne Dobson, World Magic Shop and other UK dealers. We are regularly to be seen at magic meets, conventions or meeting magicians from around the world who pay us a visit in Covent Garden. Whilst I would be lying to suggest that we don't make mistakes or never fail to deliver on time we are not a faceless company and both work extremely hard to maintain good relationships with all of our customers wherever possible.
Tjernobyl
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
120 Posts

Profile of Tjernobyl
Lee Hathaway,

I have indeed received a refund, and I sincerely thank you for that. I think if you as you say have some problems, it is in the right place to take care of those problems.
You have done this, although a little late, but better late than never:) And heck, I got a free trick out of it.

This gesture have certainly given me an incentive to use your shop again, if that time and place should arrive.

Thank you,

Thomas
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Sorry about the mis-understanding Lee......I, personally, have had great service with you guys. My comment was mainly on what I have heard and obviously, it was false.

Sorry Again.

Nico Zottos.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
733 Posts

Thanks for those comments, on reflection I realise that I lowered myself to the level which I hate taking to the forum to vent my frustration, however when you call a company and they don't answer, when you write emails which aren't replied to and you believe that your money has been taken, can you blame an individual for stooping to that level?

It does not say anywhere on your website that orders placed will take days to be dispatched, if you had simply replied to my pleasent email and kept me informed I would have had no problems at all.

Anyhow I wish your company well and any forthcoming releases.

Ash
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I was told by a friend that was told by lee that there was an unknown of problem with the email/phone system which was not sending the emails through. Lee was not aware of this until now, and is fixing the problem. So, in that case, he could not reply to your email and inform you of their policy because there was no email (recieved) to reply to.

Also....It does say here : 9. Whilst we will endeavour to despatch goods on the same day they are ordered, all delivery times are estimates only and we cannot be held responsible for lost or late deliveries due to circumstances beyond our control.

They will try to get it out the same day. As Lee said, he has to order them from the maker so obviously it wont be the same day.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I prefer to order from established, dedicated dealers rather than part timers making a fast dollar. That way you avoid the issues detailed above.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1684 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Andi, They are established and definatly Dedicated dealers but perhaps not as large as other companies. Everyone has to start somewhere and I do not think that a few minor issues like this should rule judgement over how dedicated they are. You have not met nor understand the circumstances they work under. I've have used MagicCave for a while now as well as Davenports in London, Both of which are more dedicated to the art of magic AND there customers then you clearly believe. I'm sure that whatever your day to day job be, weither it be in an office, shop or even a magician, I'm sure you have other commitments in your life then your work. I do not belive it's right to slate a company of before you know the circumstances in which they operate. There a small fish in a very large ocean but there repuation is growing and so are there clients.

JamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
733 Posts

Ok maybe it is time to put this issue to bed now, whats done is done, for my part I appoligise. Bottom line is, personally I am very unhappy with the customer service I received and think it is really bad when the only way to contact a business is via a forum, however it does not stand me at a loss.

I had to raise this issue through here and in a way I got what I wanted a reply. I wish I could erase this thread!

A I said previously, I wish Magiccave all the best and I hope they sort out the problems they may be facing with communication problems.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magiccave (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.44 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL