The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..17..24..31..38..45~46~47 [Next]
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Its Halloween ! and if you have MD you can scare some folks with it.just use MD the reverse way it was designed to be used. I have been playing around by sticking the t-----r part to a glass window pane,sounds like someone is scratching at the windows to get in ! maybe during a seance or some spooky presentation, turn on the t-----r by setting the cube at whatever number you want it to tap out. - it also works well if the t-----r is placed inside a wine glass.

Tell your guests that the spirits will answer your questions by one tap for yes, two taps for no, and so on.

Steve
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Clever idea
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Gaffed and Dr. Hoskins have already posted some wonderful applications for Multi-Dimenstional. This is an amazing device that has unlimited potential. Soooo innocent looking. Soooo powerful.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2008-10-31 10:02, DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
Its Halloween ! and if you have MD you can scare some folks with it.just use MD the reverse way it was designed to be used. I have been playing around by sticking the t-----r part to a glass window pane,sounds like someone is scratching at the windows to get in ! maybe during a seance or some spooky presentation, turn on the t-----r by setting the cube at whatever number you want it to tap out. - it also works well if the t-----r is placed inside a wine glass.

Tell your guests that the spirits will answer your questions by one tap for yes, two taps for no, and so on.

Steve

That's beautiful!
From your underwear to a window! Smile
Talk about extremes but yet, a terrific idea!

~gaffed~
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Hi All,
Just a simple plea.
When writing about this prop, please so not use any language that will tip the method.
I know that there are other products that use the same method, but the creator deserves to have his creative rights protected.
I know that he has lost at least one sale due to exposure here.
I am going through all of the posts and cleaning them up.
Yours may be severely edited or deleted.
Try not to take this too personally. If you take offense with my editing, PM me. Maybe we can work something out.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 14:26, gaffed wrote:
A little confused here Craig.
When I did a search for it I came up with M**** D********* being available for shipping on 10/22/2008 but, when I use the link that you gave it says 10/27/2008! When will it indeed be available again?

~gaffed~

Why would this be edited when the name of the trick is very clear in the thread title and there are other references as to it's full name in the same thread?

Craig answered that post and he certainly did not seem to take any umbrage with it!

If someone starts a thread as to a new tricks name are the following posters only then allowed to refer to it as ...."IT"!
Did I somehow give away it's secret by merely saying it's name and if so....how?

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
I would like to thank Parson for all the work he has done. This took a lot of time and effort. Some things may have been over edited and others accidentally missed. He was working under loose instructions and did the best he could. I propose we just move forward and enjoy creating with this effect.

Thanks,
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I think this looks very good. However, isn't anybody concerned handing over a cube/die that expensive and delicate?
I don't think if this were dropped from waist height that it would make it. Any thoughts?
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
craig filicetti wrote:
I would like to thank Parson for all the work he has done. This took a lot of time and effort. Some things may have been over edited and others accidentally missed. He was working under loose instructions and did the best he could. I propose we just move forward and enjoy creating with this effect.

Sounds good to me Craig and I also tried to steer it in that direction in one of my previous posts.

It just took me somewhat off guard in finding one of my posts edited for no indiscernible reason.

At this point and juncture I’m pretty confident that everyone here knows what trick we are talking about! I thought that perhaps I had missed something as to some forum rule where the name of a trick is not allowed to be written in ones post and simply wanted to clarify or find out if I had broken some rule so as not to do it again. But, as you mentioned there may have been the possibility of some over editing and the idea of not being allowed to mention the name of a trick would be a tad absurd.

If there were indeed the case this entire forum could get very confusing to say the least!

By the way, I performed my routine with the colored cards about 4 or 5 more times and always a great response! Of course I couldn’t do it without the...ah...”it” or the..."thing". Well, I'm sure you know what I'm referring to! Smile

~gaffed~ Smile
~Yogi Berra~

Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2008-11-02 17:24, paso8396 wrote:
I think this looks very good. However, isn't anybody concerned handing over a cube/die that expensive and delicate?
I don't think if this were dropped from waist height that it would make it. Any thoughts?

I don't think its all that delicate, Paso. I have dropped mine a couple of times. No problems arose. One guy rolled the die off the table. Again, no problem arose.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Ok, guys, I used MD in a seance on Halloween night. It was part of a much longer routine and fit very well in the context of the routine.

Please don't ask, I won't tell the routine. I did explain it to Craig on the phone today, so he knows the routine and can vouch for its fitting into a seance.

So why am I posting this? Simply to show the incredible versatility of MD. Use your imaginations. The sky is the limit with this.
Best regards,
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Hi gaffed.
I deleted no posts because the name of the effect was in the post.
I, personally, like you, would think it absurd that one would not be able to mention the name of a trick(like Multi-Dimensional)in a post.
The posts were edited because they gave away the secret workings of the effect.
For example, I use a/an arm chopper. While I am old enough to have invented it, I did not. However, if someone wrote about the way it operated, I would be ticked off. And if I was the inventor, I would be furious.
I was under the impression that I made it very clear that if you disagreed with my work, that you were invited to PM me.
Any posts on this thread(or any other) that are found that disclose methods of effects, will be deleted.
Again, if you disagree with me, please send a PM.
I am of the old school... I believe that we can disagree without being disagreeable.
Peace,
Parson

Dear friend Paso,

Today, I had the cube on the dash of my Dodge Caravan.
I had the window rolled down, made a right turn and my cube FLEW OUT THE WINDOW.
I slammed on the brakes. My wife and I both jumped out of the van. I beat her to it.
I put it in my shirt pocket, walked inside and then performed it no less than 40 times. (It scared the poopoos out of me.)
BTW, my wife says that I was nearly run over and about 4 cars were honking at me. I guess I was so excited that I never noticed them.
My name is Parson Smith and I approve this message.

BTW: I was working on this until 4 am this morning. I very likely made some mistakes. This is why I encouraged PMs from any dissatisfied viewers.
Your actual milage may vary.
+++a posse ad esse+++
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hdowy Posran!I am hppay you are OK aeftr taht cosle clal chisnag afetr yuor MD in tiffrac.
May I irnique....waht was it dinog on the dahrbsoad in the fisrt pcale? Wree you eneinntrtiag flolew msiroott's at red lhgits? Smile

Taht siad,tihs is clearnity a tnsmteaet for the srtuensdis of tihs porp...wcihh I wlil soon be orindreg by the way.

Poasrn,tknahs for yuor fnie wrok as a Quiatly Corotnl Meoadortr.

Hpapy tliars.
Yuor finerd.
Rcih
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Howdy Rich,
I know that my one-handed typing is bad.
But is it really THAT awful?
I blush,
Porsan

You wrote:"Wree you eneinntrtiag flolew msiroott's at red lhgits?"
No. Wifey was just preparing it for my work today and when she handed it to me I placed it on the dshabaord.

I just got the joke and I am not fixing your d****d post. Smile
Piece,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Not a problem Parson. I just found it rather odd that in my post the name of Multi-Dimensional was turned into M**** D*********** when I was simply asking Craig as to it's availability and no mention whatsoever as to how it works. For that matter, I could never make such a post as to how it works as obviously I did not yet at that time have it in my possession!

I own and run two forum sites myself so I'm well aware of all the problems that can at times arise. It can indeed become a bit hectic to say the least. I was only trying to clarify if I had done something wrong and if so, what, by saying it's name.

I'm in total agreement that MD has been discussed in too much detail here as to how it works. Keep up the good work as I'm all too well aware of what it's like to manage a forum site and or moderate one and try to keep things in order and at the same time keep everyone happy!

~gaffed~ Smile
~Yogi Berra~

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
OK, I think I've got a problem, that was easier for me to read and understand than any of the other posts RicHeka!

Edited by Parson:
OK, I think I've got a problem, that was easier for me to read and understand than any of RicHeka's other posts! Smile Smile
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Wow,
Talk about customer service!

Received a message from Craig Filicetti. Seems that one of the gimmicks was not up to his standards.
So he is sending out new ones.
Still, the best purchase that I have ever made.(Except for that frilly little nighty that I bought for my wife... She loves it when I wear that thing.)

Peace,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On 2008-11-07 18:42, Parson Smith wrote:

(Except for that frilly little nighty that I bought for my wife... She loves it when I wear that thing.)

Peace,
Parson

Ha, ha, LOL I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds that deeply disturbing
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2008-11-07 18:42, Parson Smith wrote:
Wow,
Talk about customer service!

Received a message from Craig Filicetti. Seems that one of the gimmicks was not up to his standards.
So he is sending out new ones.
Still, the best purchase that I have ever made.
Peace,
Parson

Parson and all,

This is typical of Craig. He is very honest and gives exceptional customer service. You will find no better creator-dealer.

PS. Sorry I left our the nightie, but the visions are too much to bare (get it? Bare? Smile)
Best regards,
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Okay, If I am shelling out over $400, I better know what it is and what it does.
How can one loose a sale if the customer knows the how and why? He gained a sale from me because I knew. I never ever would have gotten this if I did not already know. That is why this forum is great. Someone just searching for methods probably would not buy it anyway, but there is no way they would ever be able to make it like Craig did. So tell me how he lost a sale because someone figured out the method? You think they could make this? Or they made an intelligent decision not to buy it because knowing how it works it might not be for them. Which is what we need more of in magic. I buy crap all the time, and I can't return it because of the dumb magic rules of "I learned the secret". So someone comes out with a crappy trick, sells a tons of them to cash in, and then it is unusable.

I tell you, M.D. IS usable in the real world where I work. It is almost the perfect ultimate effect.

But then I am rambling on. I've been into magic since 1970, and I think everyone who calls themselves a magician should know what a nail writer is. But I constantly find magicians who are my seniors get fooled by a common utility device.
But it goes to show, they do not read and do research. So if someone is here and reading and doing research, they will be a better magician.

And I do not work for magician, so I am not looking for "magician follers" and another magician would not reveal this. This is not a lay forum. Or is it? At least the people I work for would never look here to try to figure out what I am doing. The only ones that would do that would have an interest in magic, and who knows, they might join our great craft, if they took the effort to come here.

ACE Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..17..24..31..38..45~46~47 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL