The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43~44~45~46~47 [Next]
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3044 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have my back up Mini MD for sale in the sales forum if anyone wants one.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
This fascinating article from today's L.A. Times might provide some cool ideas angles for MD - Regarding Synesthesia:

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-syne......71.story
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I got one of these a couple of weeks ago. This immediately went to the top five of my "A" list. Just fabulous, and spectators are absolutely blown away.

This is a great example of something where presentation is all there is to work on, and you know your presentation better be great in order to live up to the power of the effect and to divert attention away from the method.

I use the Color Cube, and it is so innocent.

My greatest investment in powerful magic in quite a while.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
mndude
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-02-24 14:11, targetintellect wrote:
I have been using my MD in my corporate show for a while now, and I can say that is has proven to be one of the best investments in magic that I have made. I will share my routine, which I believe makes the effect even more amazing for educated audiences.

First, I remind them of the statistics at play. To GUESS the right color, one time, you have a 1 in 6 probability. To GUESS two times in a row, you have a 1/6 x 1/6 or 1 in 36 chance. To GUESS correctly three time in a row you have a 1/6 x 1/6 x 1/6 or 1 in 216 chance. Nearly Impossible.

So.... instead of revealing what a spectator chooses, I tell the audience that I will attempt to use my words to lead them to a color I have ALREADY predetermined for them. I show a small white board with the the colors hand-written in list format. Then I turn the board to myself and announce that I am writing an "x" next to the color I will try to lead my spectator to. I hand the spectator the cube and tell him, "everybody picks blue, so I doubt you'll select that color . . . or maybe now you will bc you recognize my feeble attempt at reverse psychology - please don't let me influence you. Of course, what MAN would pick yellow? But hey, I don't judge" And I continue with this kind of patter so that the audience truly believes I'm trying to mess with the spectator's mind. FInally, he makes his selection and I ask - "would you like me to show you first, or would you like to show me first?" Invariably the spectator wants me to reveal my color first. I turn the board over and I have an "x" next to "green" and of course, he has selected green. The routine is so rewarding, bc people begin speculating about your words, how you said this, or mentioned that. Indeed they all want a turn to see if they can catch your attempts to influence them. They BUY IN.

Obviously MD does all of the work. The white board is simple: Purchase a small 12" white board - the kind that college kids hang on their doors. Make sure it is MAGNETIC. Write the colors in MD order in PERMANENT black marker. Buy thin black magnetic sheets and cut out a very thin X that looks just like you would write it. I tuck the "x" under the boarder of the white board, so I can show the colors to the audience. You now use the the erasable marker and PRETEND to write an "x". I then slide the magnetic X to the color I think they are most likely to pick. When MD tells you what color they actually picked, you slide the magnetic X to the appropriate color. It's nice when they pick what you picked because you simply turn the board around and show them. It gets stronger as you repeat it. (tip - put the whiteboard face down after you "select" their color, and only pick it up whey you are ready to reveal their color)

Caveat: This presentation plays very strong for intelligent, well educated audiences because they think they SEE some type of psychological manipulation occurring, but they can't quite grasp it. They will tell you that this will make them lose sleep. HOWEVER, for a less educated audience the fact that you "influenced" your spectator to the right answer actually detracts from the magic.

For example, after my show, a top software engineer said to me: "the most amazing thing you did was the color manipulation because you used words to make us pick what you wanted us to pick, even though we did everything we could to avoid your mind game." After performing for a more "rough around the edges" group, I got this comment: "Yeah the color thing was cool, BUT I could SEE how you manipulated them to pick your color. My favorite was card through window, because that's impossible."

This sentiment continually echos after I perform for different types of audiences; so now when I do MD, I only use the above routine for a more cerebral audience, otherwise I do it as straight magic trick - ie. I pick a color and it matches with yours every time. No word play, no psychology, just straight magic. As it is always, we must know our audience.

Enjoy the routine!

P.S. Where can I find the "I love my MD" bumper sticker?

Great ideas. I wonder if MDX4 by Matthew Duarte could be used to create the same effect.
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
545 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
These are some great ideas, I am glad you are getting so much use over the years. Here is an older video that you might enjoy Smile This guy was one of my first customers and I really appreciate all of his help, friendship, and guidance over the years. And I appreciate all of the ProMystic customers for EXACTLY the same reasons.

http://www.wfaa.com/good-morning-texas/M......289.html

-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1047 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Thanks for sharing the video Craig. That was fantastic to see. Craig's pro products are only surpassed by his sincere care for his customers.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3751 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I thought I was the only one doing Multi Dimensional!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I also thank you, Craig, for sharing that with us. A lot can be learned from watching a true pro perform this.

I have been working with Gabe's routine from your website, and have had great reactions and fun as I turn it into my own routine.

This is professional mentalist/magic at it's finest!
Sammy J. Teague
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
It is a shame I can't purchase it now as I will be cruising in few weeks but in september this will be mine!!...lol...
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
623 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
MD kills every time. For anyone thinking of purchasing it, I recommend not overlooking the whiteboard cube. I use it in conjunction with a drawing dupe (on the cube) then launch into MD getting them to focus on THEIR now drawn thoughts and my clean underwear sales soar!
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2699 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I want to see mini shells for MD ie blank, ESP, and the one that has money career health etc. that would be awesome!!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
125 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
The excellent Ben Harris routine "Remote Control" would have my highest recommendation when performing MD.
This effect utilises MD in a totally impromptu way and demonstrates "remote viewing" with a twist and a supeb kick (serial number revelation)!!
Just beautiful - well done Ben on creating something so special!
Cheers,
Paul.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Nice link Craig, thanks
mndude
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 13:40, Paul Fitzgerald wrote:
The excellent Ben Harris routine "Remote Control" would have my highest recommendation when performing MD.
This effect utilises MD in a totally impromptu way and demonstrates "remote viewing" with a twist and a supeb kick (serial number revelation)!!
Just beautiful - well done Ben on creating something so special!
Cheers,
Paul.

Where can one see that routine?
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
125 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
Please contact Ben directly via his web site.
He is an all round great guy who just happens to be one of the most creative minds in magic and mentalism Smile
Cheers,
Paul.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Just took the plunge and ordered. I am sooo excited for it to arrive due to all the GLOWING reviews
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-02-25 17:26, saysold1 wrote:
This fascinating article from today's L.A. Times might provide some cool ideas angles for MD - Regarding Synesthesia:

Above link is dead - this one works for the article:

Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Congratulations on buying "one" of the best tools available to the mentalism Community

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
184 Posts

Profile of Keith Atkinson
I bought the deluxe set for a `steal` in the UK off Magic Week, a long while back. My number 1 purchase of all time, truly.
It absolutely floors people time and time again.
An epic effect.
Keith.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of mndude
I just got mine this week, and I'd have to agree with you Keith. I'm curious how everyone performs it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43~44~45~46~47 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL